Trying to Lose

Options
My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I have been married almost 2 years and during that time I have gained over 20 pounds. Exercising is almost nonexistent for me at this point, but I'm planning to change that starting today! I have been having severe lower back pain and I think all the fat I've put on in my belly is my biggest problem with my back. I haven't been happy with myself when I look in the mirror for a while now, but I just kept putting off getting serious about doing anything about it. I'm not very self motivated and I find myself saying "ahh, it's okay I'll walk tomorrow", but the thing is, tomorrow never comes because there is always a tomorrow. I know my goal is fairly high to start out with, but I would like to at least lose 5 pounds in the next month and keep it off. I think 5 pounds would really make a difference in my appearance. I have genetics working against me as well. My paternal side of the family is overweight and because of their weight problem they are all diabetic. I know if I don't do something about my weight now I too will become a diabetic. Anyone is welcome to add me. I welcome support from others and I am better at supporting others than at supporting myself.

Replies

• lucacaretto7
    lucacaretto7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I believe you are in the right place! I know how you feel however i want to tell you that is not impossible! The tomorrow thing you are describing is actually the same attitude I had.

I was keep postponing to a tomorrow that would never come.
    But today I can tell you I have lost a 66 pounds, so I can tell you that your goal is abs achievable !

Don't stress yourself about it and follow the instruction on fitness pal. start with a little running everyday and you will see the results!
  • teachmath33
    Options
    lucaaretto7 thank you!

Congratulations on your weight loss. I hope you keep up your great progress!