Couch to 5k

Options
Anyone done this I'm thinking of doing it any tips ?

I'm 4'11 ish and current weight 108 pounds looking to lose at least 8

Replies

• mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 and really enjoying it. I would suggest starting out at a slow, comfortable running pace until you can run the full distance at the end of the program, then focus on increasing your speed. I have been focusing on breathing and running each running interval all the way, and my endurance is improving by leaps and bounds. :)
  • skytoads
    skytoads Posts: 79
    Options
    On Thursday I will be done with the 8 weeks. Definitely take it slow and repeat weeks if you need to. There was one week I had to repeat because I thought it was a huge jump from the previous one. After that, I was fine and now I actually look forward to my runs!

I would suggest adding a quick 20 min strength routine on the days you aren't running for the weight loss.
  • Formeonly21
    Options
    Amazing advice thank you how much weight have you lost if you don't mind me asking :) I think I might actually enjoy this :D
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have the right shoes and drink lots of water. I had shin splints for a month, because I was running in old shoes.
  • skytoads
    skytoads Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm actually maintaining my weight so I haven't lost any! I bumped up my calories to account for the running - but it's the persistence that counts! Good luck :)
  • mkgr3gory
    mkgr3gory Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting this soon, but I'm not sure how I'm going to work it in to what I'm already doing. I'm doing the first 8 weeks of the Fitness Blender workouts, and really want to stick with it (i'm about 1/2 way through). So, I might wait until I've made it through the full 8 weeks. Good luck!!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Today just completed week 8 day 1.

Check out the forums: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-

I have not repeated any weeks and I'm using the Zen Labs C25K Free (can find here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps and it syncs with MFP) , but there is what I considered a big jump in time starting with week 5.