is it possible...

Options
NowIFeelYa
NowIFeelYa Posts: 76 Member
I only lost two lbs recently but my stomach looks a lot smaller. Was it just water weight etc causing me to be bloated?

Replies

• mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It depends. I have lost 3+ pounds in a couple days due to water retention, so it is possible that you were retaining water.

Are you exercising? If yes, then you could be gaining muscle too and actually lost MORE than 2 pound of fat.

Sometimes certain foods can really bloat you too, like breads, stuff high in sodium, and gluten (if you are sensitive to it). Once that's flushed out of your system, that might explain your decrease in stomach size. If you notice you get bloated after eating certain foods then maybe check to see if you have a gluten allergy.
  • itzmenickv23
    itzmenickv23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    it is possible. I work as a Hemo Dialysis Technician and people with Kidney problems gain 2-3 lbs of water weight in 2 days. It's best to get your lab work done. Another contributing factor is the amount of sodium / salt you consume in a day as it makes you retain more water weight or if you like eating spicy food, that can make you bloated aswell.
  • NowIFeelYa
    Options
    Thanks, I have been lifting more weights I went from 15lb dumbbells to 25 lb dumbbells I work out with a lot, that may be the case I might have gained a few pounds in muscle. I don't use salt and try to eat things with low sodium. I half been a vegetarian for all of this month. I did take some creatine and it had me back and forth to the bathroom I know tmi but that couldve made my stomach smaller. If it keeps getting smaller to fast I will get a check up.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    What is currently traveling through your intestines makes a huge difference in what your stomach looks like. You say you've been vegetarian for a month, perhaps the extra fiber has helped move some stuff on out.
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have lost 13 pounds and I still don't see any difference in my body.
    Yeah I can now walk and run some without dying, but still don't see a difference.
    My friends tell me I look different, but I just don't see it.

But if you can look at any change, that sure is motivation. Keep it up!!!!
  • NowIFeelYa
    Options
    cool , congrats on losing 13lbs. I was that way when I when I lost about that much. We see ourselves everyday some people don't see you as much and still remember what you looked like the last time they saw you. So they can tell the difference better.

thanks I never thought about the extra fiber.
  • ShellyChen
    Options
    acarmelo1, don't be discouraged! I don't see much difference either after losing 25. But My friends noticed I lost weight. Fortunatly, I measured myself before my diet and workout routine and saw the change through measurements. It is really motivating to see the inches go down and find clothes that you normally can't fit (for example wearing your skinny sibling's or friend's clothes). I guess we can't really see a change because we still have that image that we're "fat".

To answer the main question, I increased my workout and my weight hasn't dropped as fast as it was before, but my stomach, and hip continue to shrink from 30 - 60 minutes of hula hoop dancing everyday. I drink just as much water as usually (8 - 10 cups a day)