Is this all water weight?

Options
Hi everyone. I started MFP last saturday so its been two days. I weighed myself that Saturday morning at 199.2 lbs. And yesterday morning at 196.2 and this morning at 194.2. I'm wondering is this all water weight? I exercise twice a day on the treadmill for atleast 30 mins each and I have totally changed my eating habits. Im confused!

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started MFP last saturday so its been two days. I weighed myself that Saturday morning at 199.2 lbs. And yesterday morning at 196.2 and this morning at 194.2. I'm wondering is this all water weight? I exercise twice a day on the treadmill for atleast 30 mins each and I have totally changed my eating habits. Im confused!

Some of it is water weight. Possibly not all though.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Track your sodium in your diary and try to keep it under 2000mg a day. If you have High Blood Pressure try for 1000-1500mg. Processed foods and soups have tons of sodium which will cause water retention. Also watch the foods your eating that will slow weight loss down. Try putting some 100% real lemon juice in your water and drink that through the day that will help flush out extra water weight and sodium. Make sure it is 100% real lemon Juice. Any questions jsut ask
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options

It could well be water weight. However... the body's weight fluctuates over the course of a day, and from day to day, depending on various factors. You should probably make sure you always weigh yourself at the same time, under the same conditions on the same scales to make sure you are comparing like with like. For example, I weigh myself on the bathroom scale in the morning before I shower on a Saturday morning and take that as my official weight for the week.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yupp it's your body flushing the toxins out! I lost 8-9lbs in the first week!
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    Track your sodium in your diary and try to keep it under 2000mg a day. If you have High Blood Pressure try for 1000-1500mg. Processed foods and soups have tons of sodium which will cause water retention. Also watch the foods your eating that will slow weight loss down. Try putting some 100% real lemon juice in your water and drink that through the day that will help flush out extra water weight and sodium. Make sure it is 100% real lemon Juice. Any questions jsut ask

I actually do have high blood pressure so this trick is very useful. I will buy some real lemon juice today! Thanx