What's the most weight I can lose before..

Options
Hey guys, I'm going on a big vacation which will require me to wear a bathing suit and be on the beach on June 5.. HOW much weight can I lose before then? What is the highest amount possible? I'm about 200 lbs and 5"9 1/2.. Just give me the most that I can lose.

Thanks!

Replies

• LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If you are extremely diligent I would say 25 lbs ish... That's at 1.5-2 lbs a week every week until then
  • _wilky_
    _wilky_ Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm pretty sure healthy weight loss is roughly 1kg a week.......

good luck
  • vslnrunner
    vslnrunner Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    20-30 depending on your metabolism.
  • Elleposh119
    Elleposh119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers guys.. If i worked out 3 times a week and took in 1,200 calories could i lose about 20-30 lbs by then?
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers guys.. If i worked out 3 times a week and took in 1,200 calories could i lose about 20-30 lbs by then?
    none of us could give you a hard answer on that. I work out 6 days a week and eat 1600 calories and in 3 months ive only lost 14lbs. Just do your best and see where you land.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I started at 210lbs and lost about 28lbs in the first 3 months. I was really strict though. I went down about 2 dress sizes.

If you are only eating 1200 calories and working out make sure you eat back your exercise calories. I personally ate more than that.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    June 5th is only 10-11 weeks away. 1 pound per week is a safe number to shoot for, so 10-11 pounds. 20 lbs is also possible but would require serious work and self-control. If you are dedicated, it is possible. Generally speaking 2lbs per week is a max rate of loss you should shoot for, faster loss and you increase your risk of long term health complications.

Do some strength training too so that any weight you do lose results in a firmer body, not just a lower scale number. :wink: And use an online calculator to get your TDEE number (iifym.com), subtract 500 to 1000 calories to get daily goal # that is above 1200 cals. Dont stress about the scale numbers just keep moving forward, weight loss is not linear. It will come.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    that number is totally dependent on you!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    none of us could give you a hard answer on that. I work out 6 days a week and eat 1600 calories and in 3 months ive only lost 14lbs. Just do your best and see where you land.

Have you started? Have you entered your stats in MFP, and seen what it tells you? It takes slightly longer than starting a thread, and gives you way more info. I entered the stats you gave into one calculator, and it recommended you net about 1400 calories per day to lose 2 lbs per week. If you're planning on going as low as 1200 calories per day, you should probably be eating all your exercise calories back. If you eat 1200 calories per day for the next two months, and exercise 3 times a week, and don't eat any of those calories back.... you may find yourself too weak to go on vacation. And, if you're super-restricting yourself for the next two months... and then go all-out on vacation.... you know what's gonna happen.
  • beth4dieting3
    beth4dieting3 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • spauole
    spauole Posts: 1
    Options
    The goal is to lose weight and maintain tour health so eat lots of the good veggies, lots of water, protein. Walk and sweat. You will lose weight and get strong and healthy. This is a lifestyle not a sentence. Good luck and have fun!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but what's the point? It sounds like the only reason you're doing this is for a vacation, you just want to get it done quick, and based on that you'll probably be back up and likely over your current weight by Christmas. If that's the case you may as well not bother putting in the effort. On the other hand, if you seriously want to lose weight, and become a fitter version of yourself for the long term, then don't treat it as a race with a finish by date.

At 5'9" 200 pounds is not that overweight, set your goal to 1 pound per week, maybe 1.5, get plenty of protein, start a strength training program, and plan on this taking several months or more.

Rigger
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This is kinda cool

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php

Remember weight will come off faster when you have a lot to lose ....it slows way down at the end.
  • Elleposh119
    Elleposh119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but what's the point? It sounds like the only reason you're doing this is for a vacation, you just want to get it done quick, and based on that you'll probably be back up and likely over your current weight by Christmas. If that's the case you may as well not bother putting in the effort. On the other hand, if you seriously want to lose weight, and become a fitter version of yourself for the long term, then don't treat it as a race with a finish by date.

At 5'9" 200 pounds is not that overweight, set your goal to 1 pound per week, maybe 1.5, get plenty of protein, start a strength training program, and plan on this taking several months or more.

Rigger
    Thanks for your response. I don't just want to lose the weight because of the upcoming vacation, I have been wanting to lose the weight ever since I put it on, this is just something that is causing me to take my weight loss more seriously. I gained this weight due to an eating disorder and other things, so I am not normally this weight. I wish to get back to my desired size and stay that way. I am only in a rush because i'd like to see how much I can shed before the beach.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

If you are eating only 1200 (MFP's minimum) .....you should also be eating some exercise calories back.....some because calorie burns are generous. Losing weight too quickly will result in fat+muscle loss instead of mostly fat loss.

Weight loss is a marathon....not a sprint. Make lifestyle changes....something you can live with. You didn't become overweight...overnight. 1200 gross calories + exercise sounds miserable......I wouldn't be able to take this for very long.

Eating disorder? .............1200 with lots of exercise.....not a good strategy. Look for something longer term.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

Rigger
    Thanks for your response. I don't just want to lose the weight because of the upcoming vacation, I have been wanting to lose the weight ever since I put it on, this is just something that is causing me to take my weight loss more seriously. I gained this weight due to an eating disorder and other things, so I am not normally this weight. I wish to get back to my desired size and stay that way. I am only in a rush because i'd like to see how much I can shed before the beach.

If that's the case then 10-15 pounds sounds about right. I'd aim for ten, anything above that is gravy. I'd calculate your TDEE and subtract 15-20% for your goal, strength training three days a week and cardio if you feel like it. Starting strength, New Rules, or Stronglifts are highly recommended. Don't rush it, Rome was not built in a day.

Rigger