Not been eating much but want to start losing weight

Options
Hi

I did my fitness pal a couple of years ago and it was fantastic, combined with 30 day shred I felt and looked better then I have ever before. I've recently had a baby and for the past few weeks not being eating much, its not been to try and lose weight but for other things that have been going on, eating was the last thing on my mind. Things are settled now and I want to lose weight and eat healthily and exercise again but am guessing that my body may have been in starvation mode as I've probably been at about 1000 calories a day, is there any way I can start eating at my 1200 calories without gaining a huge amount of weight initially? I would appreciate some honest advice and not to be judged for under eating, as I said I was just having a bit of a tough time.

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Go a week or two at 1200 ... eat back exercise calories.

Then I would bump it up to 1300 or 1400
  • vickyj29
    vickyj29 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you, I shall start on 1200 and start 30ds and hopefully that will get me somewhere towards getting back on the right track, and then I shall take it from there and as you suggested start to increase more by 100calories a week. Hopefully I will get back to my pre pregnancy weight soon.
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Let go of the concept of "starvation mode". No such thing. You're fine.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    SInce it's only been for a few weeks, you'll be fine upping your calories slowly. If it had been months or years, yeah, you'd expect to see some crazy fluctuations, but you shouldn't have any issues. You might get a little water retention (I seriously doubt it, because you're not upping them a ton and you've been low for a short time), so be prepared for that. By a little, I mean a pound or two -- well within normal fluctuation range. Try not to stress about it, because that will make everything worse! The good thing is that you know you should be higher, so just take your time, be consistent and you'll be fine.