Planning a wedding

Options
kirianna55
kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
Any other girls out there planning a wedding? I got engaged a little over three weeks ago and an trying to get things in order. So far we have picked a location, a possible date, the flowers we want, the theme we are going for (classic ww2 style), dress picked out and bought, cake picked out, and we have laid out ideas for the invitations. I feel like I am forgetting something. I know I have until 6/13/15 to get everything done but I want most of it done now or as soon as possible. On top of planning a wedding, I am trying to find a job and trying to go back to school in the fall. Anyone else having this struggle?

Replies

• kirianna55
    Options
    bump
  • klyn7788
    klyn7788 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think it's glaringly obvious that you have no food decisions made ! There's definitely a lot of small details that you'll need to pin down ... Check out some planning books or websites. The sooner you get it totally figured out, the longer you have to obsess about the decisions you've made. I would take a step back and enjoy being engaged.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're ahead of the game for how far away it is. I just got married on Saturday and I had a 1 year engagement. It was only an 80 person event so it wasn't too bad to plan. I would DEFINITELY suggest using The Knot website to plan it. They have every detail you could possibly imagine listed on a timeline for you.
  • kirianna55
    Options
    I forgot to mention food. we are doing it bbq buffet style and are offering chicken or fish.
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was married back in 2001 - and we used The Knot website back then! It helped so much!! Congratulations!