Not new to myfitness; but new to message board

Options
I'm 41 and an empty-nester. Currently without pets (trying to see if I can keep a plant alive before I consider animal adoption). The last 15 months have been full of change - an emotionally trying break up, household move (twice!), starting over from complete scratch, a new job and living completely alone for the 1st time ever (which I have to admit - is pretty great)!) This isn't my first weight loss attempt; four years ago, I lost 100 lbs by eating smarter and walking (plus thanks to a national weight-loss program) . After the break up; I reverted to my old habit - pasta, cheeses, cakes and candies - pizza....My main concern was just getting out of bed and functioning enough to make it through the day. Which sounds pretty pathetic when I am typing it up; but it truly was a challenge. I just let everything else; except the essential survival skills slip. Pleased to announce though that my head is finally back in the game and I am ready to re-tackle becoming healthier again. I have been on myfitnesspal for the past year; but not on any boards - my weight has been bouncing as has my dedication..but I am ready and looking to become more social on message boards for moral support - to give and hopefully to receive. Moral support was a big plus previously. Just to know that other people 'get it'. So here's to committing myself to being my best self (no matter my size). Thanks for reading!
- T

Replies

• amberflo143
    amberflo143 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards, it is a great tool! I love to read them for motivation, ideas and fun during my lunch break!
  • lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to the boards too! Lots of great people and information. We can do this!