Can somebody tell me?

gecho
gecho Posts: 426 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
This is going to sound stupid, but I am really confused.:huh:

I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks. I've been doing alot, walking when i'm shopping, cleaning, etc. I haven't stopped moving in those 3 weeks but i also havn't been able to log it. I must've been doing more than i thought.
1) i can fit into jeans:love: that a month ago i had no buisness even trying on (10lbs of stuff in a 5lb sack:blushing: )
2) few people at work have commented on how much i've slimmed down.

Don't get me wrong, I'm SUPER happy about this, the confusion is my weight. I have maintained 171 for seriously 5 weeks:grumble: .
anybody knows why i'm losing size but not weight? I'm happy about the size but kinda depressed :sad: I can't seem to break that 170 mark.

Replies

• patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    If you are losing fat but GAINING muscle mass that can cause loss of size but not weight. Muscle is alot more dense than fat
  • You may have lost inches or gained muscle. After reading people's posts everyday, I guess it's safe for me to say don't worry about the scale. It will move eventually; just keep doing your routine.
  • your body has been converting it's fat reseve into muscle. which is a great thing to have happen. give it a little more time, and you may start lossing weight again. if not it might be time to reasses your goals, diet, and exercise to give your metabolisim the kick it needs.
  • bbdzee
    bbdzee Posts: 35
    I just read in a book that the scale may not move or may even go up even though you are looking trimmer and things are fitting better. Fat is rather blobby. So a pound of fat is like a pound of jello---it jiggles and goes wherever gravity takes it. A pound of muscle is like a pound of wood (a board) It has one trim shape, no jiggle and is a lot more put together. Therefore what you lack in pound loss on the scale is probably actually inches lost! You are transforming your body into a wonderful machine. Those added muscles are going to eat the fat and you will stop jiggling, feel better, look even better and then the scale will move. Don't get all down about it, the scale is just a guess. The measurement of your happiness is so much more then that number on the scale---besides I think all scales are out to get us anyhow! They always tell us llies! They never really know what to say. LOL! It's just a little thing we buy to torture ourselves anyhow! So I say enjoy the compliments and the looser clothing and say the heck with the scale! Kudos to you for a job well done, even if you didn't know you were doing it!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    Keep up with your gym activity and watching what you eat... your body is adjusting to the new workout and is adding size to your muscles quickly... pretty soon you will have a big loss when that muscle starts burning away the fat!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    your body has been converting it's fat reseve into muscle. which is a great thing to have happen. give it a little more time, and you may start lossing weight again. if not it might be time to reasses your goals, diet, and exercise to give your metabolisim the kick it needs.

Fat does not get converted into muscle. Fat is fat and muscle is muscle.
    Fat is fluffy and muscle is dense, you have improved your body composition.
  • yea sounds like your doing amazing!!! but all this activity you are doing just as everyone else has said is increasing your muscles a lot! its a great thing because this muscles helps us to stay healthy- its so important to have strong muscles and a strong core- so sounds like your doing exactly what you need to be- fitting into the clothes you want! - who cares about the scale- all we really want is to look good- and if you look good at whatever weight- thats where u need to be!
This discussion has been closed.