I keep going over my calorie limite....? ughhh...

Options
Every time I am on target or about 200 calories over my goal which is no big deal but some days like today
I go over my goal by 1000 calories. I just eat and it's like i can't stop!!!! I have a pretty healthy breakfast but at lunch and dinner i go over board! why is this? is it because of my lack of self control? because I do not have any health issues causing this or taking an medication. I fell like a faliure and every time things are going good. This happens !!!!

Replies

• FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    are you exercising? if so then you could eat that way guilt free. maybe its what you :drinker: :flowerforyou: are eating that isn't quite filling you up. go for more protein and fiber in your choices and shy away from simple carbs and sugars ... these only make you more hungry,. drink more water. try preplanning your lunches and dinners while you are not hungry.. so that when its time to eat, you can eat how you planned and not out of impulse. i didn't look at your food diary before i posted so this is my advice. your body doesn't want to be in a calories deficit so its fighting you.. pre plan your meals so you can make better choices.
  • nimii_natural1424
    Options
    Thanks I'll do that. I have a shack in the morning for breakfast because I am always in a rush So maybe be by having a healthy snack after breakfast it'll help me eat less durring lunch :happy: thanks for the advice :happy:
  • R3dVamp
    R3dVamp Posts: 18
    Options
    Pre planning is the key. I find pre planning all my food for tomorrow the night before a big help. Especially when I decide ohh tomorrow I really want toast with peanut butter for breakfast, so I allow for that as my guilty option first and then plan the rest of my foods around that one meal that i really want to have.
    You can always make changes and ajustments throughout the day, today I had a chocolate craving, a few ajustments or changes to my eneving meal and snacks has allowed me to have that chocolate and still be under or on par with my calorie count. Plan to fail, so to speak, this will help to ease the guilt feelings and you still get to enjoy your favourate foods.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll do that. I have a shack in the morning for breakfast because I am always in a rush So maybe be by having a healthy snack after breakfast it'll help me eat less durring lunch :happy: thanks for the advice :happy:

I like protein in the mornings it seems to keep me on track throughout the day - have your shake but maybe have some boiled eggs or something in the fridge to get some protein early. Or add protein powder or greek yogurt to your shakes.
  • anyd18
    anyd18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I used to do the same thing.

(1) It really is all about breakfast. And making sure you get protein with breakfast (doctors kept telling me that) helps to decrease your cravings later on (protein = greek yoghurt, eggs, etc.). I can't stress how much that has really helped me to curb my cravings.

(2) Plus snacking - maybe you go overboard because you've been "hungry" for too long? Perhaps adding a snack between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner [nuts, raisins, fruits, veggies] will curb those cravings?

(3) Maybe drinking water BEFORE the meal might help to make your body a little full before starting to eat?

(4) Water in general - are you drinking enough during the day?

I know its hard but like above poster said, pre-planning really helps! Best of luck :)
  • Str0ng_Heart
    Options
    Oatmeal isnt just called a super food for fun! :love: Its my go to breakfast, and it keeps me full till lunch, sometimes longer.. :drinker: I put a teaspoon of peanut butter and 1/3 a banana in mine.. but you can try your own stuff! :-) Its good for any meal, but i would try it as an afternoon snack if i were you.. Itll fill you up, and keep you that way.. warding off late snacking! :flowerforyou:
  • nimii_natural1424
    Options
    The thing is that I have colestrol and eating egg on a daily bases because of it's high colestrol counting about 200 mg which is more then half of my whole days colestrol.
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you shooting for daily?

and yes, just weigh/log your food BEFORE you eat it. self control is literally the only way you'll succeed. the end.
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    The thing is that I have colestrol and eating egg on a daily bases because of it's high colestrol counting about 200 mg which is more then half of my whole days colestrol.

the cholesterol in eggs has ZERO effect on your blood cholesterol levels. you can eat as many eggs as you want.
  • nimii_natural1424
    Options
    thanks I have it in the pantry but never eat it I find it very plain and always add a lot of sugar. ( I have a sweet tooth) but I'll try it with peanut butter. I have never mixed hot food with fruit I kinda find it weird I LIKE THAT!! I'll try it :D
  • nimii_natural1424
    Options

I like protein in the mornings it seems to keep me on track throughout the day - have your shake but maybe have some boiled eggs or something in the fridge to get some protein early. Or add protein powder or greek yogurt to your shakes.

I got to school and can't eat in my science classes or my regular classes meaning I have to snack during classes changes which is very difficult. I might pack something quick like a bar and eat it on my way to class :D
  • nimii_natural1424
    Options
    Pre planning is the key. I find pre planning all my food for tomorrow the night before a big help. Especially when I decide ohh tomorrow I really want toast with peanut butter for breakfast, so I allow for that as my guilty option first and then plan the rest of my foods around that one meal that i really want to have.
    You can always make changes and ajustments throughout the day, today I had a chocolate craving, a few ajustments or changes to my eneving meal and snacks has allowed me to have that chocolate and still be under or on par with my calorie count. Plan to fail, so to speak, this will help to ease the guilt feelings and you still get to enjoy your favourate foods.

I find replanning difficult because I like to have hot and ready prepared food. It's just something I can do. I really hate to microwave anything
  • Clash1001
    Clash1001 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I find replanning difficult because I like to have hot and ready prepared food. It's just something I can do. I really hate to microwave anything

You don't have to cook it in advance, just log the calories onto MFP for the full day in advance - ie plan what you're going to eat. I always do it,mand adjust throughout the day as required.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I give my kids hot food in a lunch thermos to eat at school. Hot and ready to go. It's usually some leftovers from dinner the night before.
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    i usually have a tea or coffee after i eat in the morning and evening, something about the hot liquid and a bit of sweetner makes me feel extra full. and green tea is good for you and some coffee every day. and unless you add cream or milk = no calories ;)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal set to? If it is too low then perhaps you just need a more sustainable goal.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    You are no different to anyone who cant lose weight. You have just summarised it in a slightly different way. Stop eating or do some more exercise. Quite simple.
  • nimii_natural1424
    Options
    What is your calorie goal set to? If it is too low then perhaps you just need a more sustainable goal.

My calorie goal is 1500 my BMI is 1953
  • nimii_natural1424
    Options
    You are no different to anyone who cant lose weight. You have just summarised it in a slightly different way. Stop eating or do some more exercise. Quite simple.

I have lost weight it's just that I have these days where I have bad cravings for food that are not good for me and i pig out it.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

My calorie goal is 1500 my BMI is 1953

BMI stands for Body Mass Index, and it's a measure of whether you're underweight, overweight, etc compared to the average.

Did you mean BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)?