weighing meat

Options
data3567
data3567 Posts: 21
Do most of the meats I look up by bar code show calorie amounts before or after they are cooked?

Replies

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    You can look up meats by bar code??
  • data3567
    Options

Yes
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Im not sure..with fish and chicken I weigh before...beef I weigh after due to fat content. As far as the APP I really think it goes off of whatever is on the nutrition label. All meats have one..
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Yep I scan everything that comes into my home :D SOME meats cannot be scanned. Those would be the deli meats that are packaged individually by the store.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    not sure - It was recommended to me to weigh it before cooking always - depends on the recipe I guess - when I cook ground beef I always drain the fat so have always thought that the raw weight was not accurate :ohwell:
  • raymondo510
    Options
    well don't meats kinda shrink once you cook them? I always weight after
  • data3567
    Options

Yep I scan everything that comes into my home :D SOME meats cannot be scanned. Those would be the deli meats that are packaged individually by the store.

And for those, I weigh them on my gram scale
  • data3567
    Options
    Im not sure..with fish and chicken I weigh before...beef I weigh after due to fat content. As far as the APP I really think it goes off of whatever is on the nutrition label. All meats have one..

Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback!