attitude to food

Options
I started a new job recently, and the Managing Director bought this morning about 150 sausage and egg mcmuffins for all the staff. I have been eating healthily and exercising regularly for about a month now, but I decided it would be okay to eat one (even after my morning porridge)
I feel like crap. I somehow have less energy than before I ate it and I feel queasy, not to mention the guilt I feel from eating it.
Is this normal for eating crap after eating cleaner than I usually do? Was it just a bad muffin?
I didn't even particularly want it but I felt like I should because they were bought for us... or am I just being stupid and paranoid?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Some of it is probably in your head but I do know when I eat something carb heavy it can make me tired. It's nothing, just a muffin. Let it go. New day tomorrow.
  • Vessecora
    Vessecora Posts: 44
    Options
    Oh god I feel like that all the time because I live with my nan. And she has some very pushy attitudes about food/waste/special.
    I found that when I first started eating at my boyfriend's house, I was feeling so guilty about leaving any sort of waste and got so down before my boyfriend and his mother explained that it's perfectly fine to leave food if you can't eat it... It really opened my eyes to the attitudes towards food in my house :/
  • barclayj209
    Options
    I would imagine out of 150 there were quite a few who did not have one and quite a few who had 2 or more, dont beat yourself up, just learn from the horrible experience and remember how it made you feel. We have Donuts here at work all the time, I hate them now yuck.
  • laradenty
    laradenty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've not had much personal experience with this as I haven't eaten clean foods for long enough nor has my body been sensitive to junk, but my husband has and is and if he eats something that is junk or processed it makes him feel lethargic and not his healthy self and he has told me it's because of the rubbish in the product and that he is more use to non processed and fresh products. When he eats fresh food like tomatoes and strawberries he says his body just feels boosted and revived... so basically I think when your body is use to eating well it's not surprising it can be miffed with not so healthy stuff. (if you've been putting high performance oil in a car for a long time then a not so high but cheap oil in the car, wont be a surprise the car will not be on best performance?)
  • ellashaw77
    ellashaw77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's quite interesting how after eating well for a number of weeks one thing can make you feel all blobby and horrible. Last week my friends were going to pizza hut for lunch and a catch up and I joined them but for about 3 days afterwards I felt horrendous! By the sounds of things it's an experience to learn from and in some ways it's good that it made you feel like that because it means your body is used to you eating well :)
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I started a new job recently, and the Managing Director bought this morning about 150 sausage and egg mcmuffins for all the staff. I have been eating healthily and exercising regularly for about a month now, but I decided it would be okay to eat one (even after my morning porridge)
    I feel like crap. I somehow have less energy than before I ate it and I feel queasy, not to mention the guilt I feel from eating it.
    Is this normal for eating crap after eating cleaner than I usually do? Was it just a bad muffin?
    I didn't even particularly want it but I felt like I should because they were bought for us... or am I just being stupid and paranoid?

When your body is used to eating a certain way and then you eat something maybe too greasy, then you will probably get tummy problems. Usually for me I cant eat too greasy foods now. Its good that your body will tell you that certain foods are no good for you, they make you sick. You cant handle the grease now. Thats what i think.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing. Had a donut at work when I didn't really want one after eating healthy. I only learned from it, that I do not need my "sugar fix". Actually glad that I did do it, it helped me to see I really have changed my habits for the better. Keep up the great work OP, you can do it!
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I done a fair bit of running over the weekend and decided to have a Greggs Chicken Bake on the Monday (high fat, processed food that I wouldn't normally have because of the calorie value in it) and felt really unwell on the Tuesday which I do think is because of the processed food and my stomach no longer be able to process it the same (used to live on this stuff).
    Don't take one out of obligation (you didn't ask him to buy you one), if you want one and they are there then have one (one isn't giong to blow your diet out of the water), it might be interesting to see if you would feel unwell the next time you try one!!!
  • jallen191
    Options
    I'm actually almost glad I feel this way, it makes me feel like I am making a difference to my body, and like one of you guys said, it has shown me that I not only don't crave processed ****ty food, I don't actually want it at all, it's only going to encourage me to stay well.
    Thanks for all the input guys!
  • jallen191
    Options
    I'm actually almost glad I feel this way, it makes me feel like I am making a difference to my body, and like one of you guys said, it has shown me that I not only don't crave processed ****ty fppd, I don't actually want it at all, it's only going to encourage me to stay well.
    Thanks for all the input guys!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I would have had 2....
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Feeling guilty about eating food is not good...

An a sausage egg mcMuffin isn't crap food. Not sure how it is any different from eating sausage and egg at home...

You get protien etc which your body needs. I personally would have eaten a breakfast burrito out of preference.