Hello(: Brand new and a little nervous.

Options
Hi! My name is Shaylee. I've only just started using My Fitness Pal and I'm very nervous about it. I've decided to do a low carb diet and I'm very excited— more excited than I think I've EVER been! But I'm very worried about losing the motivation I currently have. Do y'all happen to have any advice on that? Or any other tips for me in general?

Also I'm having a little party by myself because I've already lost 6 pounds and only started a week ago!(:

Replies

• struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello Shaylee, Welcome, no need to be nervous about join in with the community, if you have a good set of friend in the community then you wont lose the motivation, as we keep each other motivated and losing 6lb is something to be really proud of just think what yo u can do with a good friend base on here.
  • jeyloz
    jeyloz Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, I'm fairly new myself, joined a while ago but I fell off the wagon and now I'm back and determined! The fact that you're so excited about your weight loss is great and losing 6lb already is incredible, so there's your motivation right there :) My advice would be to use the site and the app as much as possible, log everything everyday, even the slip ups, cos it helps you keep on track. I'm using the forums a lot more lately as I find it a great way to get motivated, speaking to people who have done so well, but also sharing the journey with people who are going through the same thing. The people on here are really lovely and so helpful! Good luck with your weight loss!
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    No reason to be nervous. This is a very healthy place to vent and explore new avenues of health. I am sure you will find support and friendship.
  • BrightEyesJuno
    Options
    New to this site. Have tried many times to loose and here I am again! Feeling nervous as I really want to succeed this time