Pork recipes

Options
cjusticeg
cjusticeg Posts: 90 Member
We have a ton of pork, and I am looking for some healthy pork recipes. Note, we do not have a slow cooker(but should invest in one) My bf also hates soup and stew.

Replies

• bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this WW recipe! It's easy, low cal, and perfect for this time of year.

2 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 pound(s) lean veal loin
    1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
    1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
    3 small sweet potato(es), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
    2 medium apple(s), McIntosh, cored and diced
    1 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
    2 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
    2 tsp Dijon mustard
    1 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
    Instructions

* Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.

* Season veal all over with salt and pepper; place in prepared pan. Arrange potatoes and apples around veal; coat apples and potatoes with cooking spray.

* In a small bowl, combine applesauce, vinegar, mustard and cumin; pour over veal.

* Roast veal until cooked through (or a thermometer inserted in center reads 160ºF) and potatoes are fork-tender, about 40 minutes. Let veal stand 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into thin slices. Yields about 3 ounces veal and 1 cup vegetable-fruit mixture per serving.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite thing to make with pork. I usually use pork chops but you can use any kind of sliced pork and it's still good.

4 pork chops (fat removed)
    3 medium sweet potatoes, sliced
    2 apples, sliced
    1/3 cup raisins
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 tsp nutmeg
    2 Tbsp mustard
    3 Tbsp apricot preserves
    1. Slice sweet potatoes and apples and place in a casserole dish.
    2. Sprinkle with raisins, brown sugar and nutmeg.
    3. Place pork chops on top of sweet potato/apple mixture.
    4. Mix mustard and preserves.
    5. Coat the pork chops with the mustard mixture.
    6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
  • emills88
    emills88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If any of it is pork chops, sprinkle a little hidden valley ranch dry dressing mix over them and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until done. Quick, easy and really delicious! I serve them with sides just as simple, even with some ramen noodles on the side with some peas!
  • emills88
    emills88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If any of it is pork chops, sprinkle a little hidden valley ranch dry dressing mix over them and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until done. Quick, easy and really delicious! I serve them with sides just as simple, even with some ramen noodles on the side with some peas!

I get boneless chops so the cooking time might be different for bone-in chops