First time ever for fitness website

Options
I've been trying to loose 10+ pounds for several years with no success. And I've just had back surgery so I am not at my usual active level of exercise or activity in general for awhile. I am new to a fitness website and thought I would give it a try. Any words of wisdom or suggestions will be welcomed and appreciated. Thank you :smile:
And FYI..... I do not eat meat or poultry - occasionally seafood so getting 60 grams of protein is challenging. I do use a good quality whey protein powder, eggs, beans, and LOVE peanut butter!

Replies

• teachmath33
    Options
    Welcome! I think the diary is the most important part. Just be sure to log every little thing you eat, even if it's just one M&M. Seeing what I'm eating each day as well as how many calories, fat grams, sodium, etc really makes me step back and see which things I need to be cutting back on even more. Also, adding friends or allowing them to add you is a great support system. Everyone I have had contact with so far has been really positive and helpful.
  • A_Shoe_In
    Options
    I totally agree with teachmath33 about the food diary. I had no idea I wasn't eating enough. Who would have believed that. I have also been trying to lose at minimum of 10lbs and had been busting my butt working out with no results. I am trying to eat more protein and see how it goes.

Good Luck!
  • zapit12
    zapit12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Its really about what you eat. Watch and write down everything you put in your mouth. I had hip surgery several years ago and it laid me up for a good 6 months. The only thing you can do at that point is to be really good at eating. I'm a little laid up myself right now too, since I fell on the ice several days ago and smacked my head on the cement. So with a concussion its hard to do much off the sofa. i'm just watching my eating and drinking plenty of water. Don't let yourself get down, take it one day at a time. You can do it!!
  • bmellow227
    Options
    Thanks so much for your quick reply!
  • bmellow227
    Options
    Great words of inspiration - thank you