Need legal advice

Options
So now that I have dropped a total of 50 pounds over the last year and a half, none of my clothes fit me. I need to go out and buy a new wardrobe.

I was wondering if I can take MFP and my local gym to court to sue for the cost of new pants, shirts, belts, etc. etc. This will be expensive, and It's not my fault that MFP plus healthy eating plus my gym work so well.

Replies

• foxruddellc1
    foxruddellc1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    So now that I have dropped a total of 50 pounds over the last year and a half, none of my clothes fit me. I need to go out and buy a new wardrobe.

I was wondering if I can take MFP and my local gym to court to sue for the cost of new pants, shirts, belts, etc. etc. This will be expensive, and It's not my fault that MFP plus healthy eating plus my gym work so well.

wat-meme_o_1405583.jpg
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sounds fair to me! The pain they must have put you through..........! Just Brutal
  • beth4dieting3
    beth4dieting3 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You poor thing ... we should make this a class action lawsuit ... just sayin'....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    You could always use the "results not typical" statement against them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    if it works let me know, but I also need smaller shoes...I can't tie mine tight enough anymore!
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    set the precedent, many will follow (including me) :bigsmile:
  • merlewalton
    merlewalton Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 50 lbs.

I saw somewhere once that someone said that every time you run/exercise you should put a dollar into a jar. Then after you've lost weight you have a pot of money to use to buy new clothes.

Otherwise add me into the class action because I may only be 11 lbs down now but I'm going to be swimsuit ready (under 200 for the first time in about 10 years) come August.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You could always use the "results not typical" statement against them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Very sound advice, this!
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Merle-

Awesome idea about the $1 for each run (or bike session). I'm going to start that.

:happy:
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    Yes, that 1 Dollar thing or, for me, 1 euro thing is a really good idea!

Totally going to do that!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I think you've got a strong case!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Hell yes!

166499-116739-lionel-hutz.gif
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Merle-

Awesome idea about the $1 for each run (or bike session). I'm going to start that.

:happy:

That would be taking personal responsibility. And that's just wrong.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 50 lbs.

I saw somewhere once that someone said that every time you run/exercise you should put a dollar into a jar. Then after you've lost weight you have a pot of money to use to buy new clothes.

Love it! Thanks for the morning laugh - and the idea!