What does a typical day's eating look like for you?

Options
I'm changing some deeply ingrained eating habits at the moment, and trying to make some healthy ones too. I'm very curious about what you people would tend to eat when. I'm a newish vegan too, so any other vegans please feel free to chip in! I'm kind of shooting for the calorie range of about 500 calories, but struggling with sugar dependency....

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't mean 500 calories a day? My diary is open. A single meal for me is typically larger than 500 calories. ..
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    A total of 500 calories?

This is not enough food for anyone other than a toddler. What is your age, height, and current weight?
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What does a typical day of eating look like to me? Not enough. lol

Seriously though, I'm at 2000 calories. Sometimes I go over, sometimes I'm under, but never by much.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a typical day, things change, appetite varies etc so I just do what I feel is right for the day in question.

You mean 500cals per meal, right???!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My typical day consits of somewhere around 1400 cals net not 500.
    Like other person said 500 is probably good for a 4 year old.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    A total of 500 calories?

This is not enough food for anyone other than a toddler. What is your age, height, and current weight?

Lol, my 3 year old actually eats way more than 500 xD
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    My daily ranges from 1600 to 2000.

My diary is open.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You'd better be eating more than 500 calories a day. Hopefully 500 a meal?

My day consists of a protein bar for breakfast, greek yogurt for morning snack, and a sandwich with fruits and vegeables (and sometimes chocolate) for lunch.

Dinner is generally left open and I leave myself calories for dessert and a bedtime snack. I consume the majority of my calories after 5 p.m.
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A typical 30 inch tall toddler needs 1200 calories a day. Granted they're still growing, but, man! I don't even know how to eat 500 calories. I hope you're meaning per meal?

Typical day for me (I'm vegan):

BREAKFAST: Black coffee with Groovy Food Co Agave Nectar. Crumpets with soya spread / Multi-seed toast with crunchy peanut butter / A mix of fruit / Smooth peanut butter on slices of banana or apple (yum!). Saturday morning was leftover Chinese takeaway, no regrets :happy:

LUNCH: Tomato soup with croutons, a marmite and soya spread sandwich, fruit, soya yoghurt, nuts.

DINNER: My favourite meal of the day, I love warm filling food! Heinz baked beans in tomato sauce with vegan sausages and potato waffles / Spaghetti with pasta sauce made up of plum and sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and onions / Veggie curry / Chilli with beans and lentils in replacement of mince / Veggie burgers.

SNACKS: Fruit, carrot sticks, breadsticks with caramelised onion hummus, 25g pack of original Hula Hoops, crackers with peanut butter, nuts, slice of multi-seed bread with soya spread and marmite.
  • VanillaSmile427
    Options
    I'm on 1200-1340 calories a day.

Bfast: Oatmeal, chia seeds, banana, peanut butter - 325 cal
    Lunch: Thai Green Curry w/chicken & veggies & 1/4 cup of cooked rice - 500 cal
    Snack: cottage cheese with fruit- 100 cal
    Dinner: Protein Smoothie or Avocado and egg sandwich - 200-300 Cal
    Pots- Dinner Snack - Fruit or low-fat yogurt. - 100 ca;

Recently that's what my days have been looking like.. my diary is open if you want to check it out...