Jillian Michaels-30 day shred- started today

Options
I completed my first workout for the 30 day shred program today and i am hoping to see some results as i have hit a plateau with my regular gym workouts. I was wondering if anyone else had tried it and what success you have had with the program? Also, should i go 30 days straight, no breaks, increasing my workout level every 10 days? Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!

Replies

• rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Definitely have 1 or 2 days of rest per week! I'm trying to get myself to do it, too. There are thousands of people who swear by it, so I think you'll see some nice results. Good luck!
  • ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love that workout video!!! I had success with it a few years ago and am recommitting to it today! I was too tired last night but still stayed under my calorie goal. Good luck!!!
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 17 of it, definitely stronger and seeing/feeling some changes. I take at least one rest day a week, otherwise my muscles are too sore and I don't keep good form on the weight moves. In terms of increasing every 10 days - I don't think you have to be as strict as that. I switched to level 2 on day 9 as level 1 started to feel easier - not easy, but easier. Like I could keep up with Natalie the whole time. Level 2 I'm finding way harder so I might stay on a few extra days and then only do 8 or 9 days of level 3. Just depends how it goes.

In a nutshell - definitely take the occasional rest day if you are starting to feel painfully sore and tired, and switch levels when you feel ready to take on some more work. And good luck! :smile:
  • Jeepers133
    Jeepers133 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 1 this morning. I did 20 days of the 30 Day Shred in 2012 and lost 10 pounds. We had a death in the family and I just never went back to finish the workout. But I really enjoyed it and got really good results. I didn't take any rest days last time but I am going to this time around.
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I had success with it in the past and I am gettin ready to start it again. Good luck!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm new to JM and to any strength training at all as I started this journey a year ago with diet, then in May started running and just 10 days ago started the 30DS. I just did 10 days of level 1 and today will move on to level 2 and see what it has to offer. I can only say that I feel strong, never knew I had arm muscles or that I could do a push up so I'm all about saying it's a workout I like so far :) I'd love to have a few people I'm doing it with so let's do this!!!
  • mum2candd
    mum2candd Posts: 37
    Options
    Seeing your post has made me think about doing this again!!

I did it previously and had excellent results. I go to the gym 5 times per week but fancy a change. I get married in May so could do with changing up my routine.

Will start tomorrow morning. Good luck!!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I only have 2 days left in the 30 DS! Yippee!!! I definitely did not work out with no breaks. Like others have said, after a rest day (or two), I was able to do the workout with better form than if I had just gone straight thru. I think it also depends on your level of fitness when you start. I had not exercised in a long time so I needed to work my way in. So far, 8lbs lost and I know I am stronger and have lost inches. I'll do final numbers after my last day.

Best of luck to you all who are starting. I will either start over or do another one of JM's DVD's. Definitely worth hanging in there and finishing it!!
  • clairenicole84
    clairenicole84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Did you all buy this video or can it be found on you tube?
  • healthy_juls
    healthy_juls Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I bought my copy from amazon for $5. Im sure you can get it on youtube as well. :-)
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I completed day 1 of 30DS, yesterday. I am hoping this, along with a change in my eating habits, will allow me to se some changes.
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 of level 3 last night, I found it very challenging but I really liked it. It might possibly be my favorite level. I didn't care for level 2 at all. This is my first time doing 30DS. I went 16 days with no break, then I took 2 days off, I was just burnt out I think. So far I haven't lost any weight. But here are some things that have changed. I can now do butt kicks, I can grasp my hands behind my back and lift them up when doing the cool down. I can last longer in plank positions before I have to do Anita's version. My endurance has increased tremendously, and I definitely feel less giggly!! My arms, legs, and back are noticeably stronger. I feel like my stomach has flattened out some, but I'm still having difficulty engaging my abs....there still hiding under my winter coat somewhere. I really like this program, I wish I'd see my scale go down, but for now that's not what I'm worried about. I'm seeing physical results and I have a ton more energy. I will do this again when I'm done with my 30 days. Good Luck to you! Stick with it and don't beat yourself up if you need that 5 second break :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    well.. if you hit the wonder number then maybe 30DS might help for a bit of a change and shakes into your body. I am into it right now!
  • SaraLady89
    SaraLady89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would take breaks in there If I were you. I was super sore after day 1 and I took 2 days off. I can already tell I'm getting stronger which makes me happy. Good Luck to you!!!!d
  • clairenicole84
    clairenicole84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Kelstarr84
    Kelstarr84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have quite a few Jillian DVDs and 30 Day shred is one of my favourites. I have done it twice before now and definitely noticed results in weight loss and body definition,

My routine was quite flexible, I did each level 10 times but I did it 5 times a week having two rest days. The five days were not in a row either, so for example one week I may have done it Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat and Sun. The next week may have been different, depended on how I felt but as long as I did it 5 times, I wasn't really fussed

Hope this helps

Kel
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Also, if you go on Groupon they had about 5 or 6 different Jillian Michaels DVD's for $5.99. That's where I got my 30DS! If I was smart I would've bought more, just to compensate for shipping charges.
  • SavinnaMarie
    SavinnaMarie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've tried this befor. i was pretty inconsistent cause of school but i still finished the 30 days! :) you're gonna notice as you go through the program, you will get stronger, last longer or there will be days where you won't even pause and take a long breather. I lost an inch on my waist and I had a more toned arm and it was the first time i saw ab cuts on my stomach!! :D

ps i only lost an inch around my waist cause i'm kinda skinny(?) already. i did the workout to get toned.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi....yesterday I completed the 1st level of the 30 Day Shred. I did it for 30 consecutive days and today I started Level 2. Level 2 is tough, but I'm going to attempt to hang-in there with it and complete it. I didn't really lose alot of weight, maybe 5 lbs.
  • fitnessenchanted
    fitnessenchanted Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just did the 3rd day today. Tomorrow is 4th day. I'm also doing the 21 day no junk food challenge. Can't wait to see the results