what calories do i eat..net or remaining?

Options
ok, someone break it down for me simply....if im working out and looking at my calories....what am i supposed to consume. Im on a 1200 plan. do i look at net? or remaining??? or what?!

Replies

• brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    A general rule of thumb is to eat your 1200 calories PLUS any exercise calories you have gained for that day. Not everyone eats all their exercise calories. Some dont eat them at all. Depends on what works for you. Maybe try a week or 2 of just the 1200 and if you dont feel over tired and are losing then stick with that if not try eating some if not all of your exercise calories too. Everyone has different views on this matter. I dont usually eat my exercise calories but some days I will dip into them especially if we have something special planned and i go over my allowed calories.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You want to eat 1200 NET calories per day, which is 1200 + exercise calories. Hope this helps.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    "Remaining Calories" would be your allowed 1200 + any exercise calories you have earned. "Net" tells you what you HAVE already eaten for the day.
  • yvfitness1
    yvfitness1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Its kinda like economics. Only instead of the production costs being deducted for net, its the exercise. Say you've consumed 1400 calories and burnt 300 calories riding a bike.

The 1400 calories are the gross calories, the intake.
    But since you burnt 300 calories, the net is 1100 calories (1400-300)
    The remaining is 100 calories. Like the word remaining indicates, its what's still remaining for you to be eaten..
  • LanakilaGirl
    LanakilaGirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Please don't go under 1200, your body will not be very happy with you. . .
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    girl, you lost me at economics LOL