Exercise at lunch?

elloradannon
elloradannon Posts: 111
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm an elementary teacher. My friend and I want to start doing some exercising at lunch... but nothing that gets us too sweaty or requires us to change out of our work clothes. I have a DVD player in my room and I was thinking some strength building exercises. Any ideas? Does anyone have a routine that they do at work? Thanks!

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    I walk every day at lunch, unless it's raining.......like today.
  • I am fortunate that my office has set up a work out room for us. I go in there at noon most days and walk on the treadmill. My nutritionist recommended rather than hard training, that longer exercise at a lower rate works better. I don't get too sweaty, but am able to walk during most of the lunch hour.
  • I do the robotics machine at tan & Tone.. If you have one around you they are awesome. I have lost 38.5 " since May 25 doing this and I don't get sweaty and it really does tone you.
  • I'm a highschool teacher and would love to do some kind of excersise during lunch but it always seems impossible with the amount of other "stuff" I have to do. Grading papers, duty, etc. More power to you, hope you can find something that works!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I walked all summer and fall and only put a hiatus on walking 2 weeks ago to study for an exam during my lunch-hour while at work. Now that with the wind chill has picked up it feels like -10 so I will either walk the parking garage (its 4 levels) and/or jog the stairs in my building (5 levels). Exam is tomorrow so walking will stair again soon to supplement my evening workout which has now become Insanity, started yesterday ;)

I walked in dresses and suits with running shoes and the heat never bothered me. I got warm but not sweaty. If I was wearing a shrug to make a dress work-appropriate I would leave that at my desk before going out though.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    I try to get in a walk at lunch. However-I am lucky-I work downtown and have a skyway system-meaning that I can't use the weather as an excuse:)
This discussion has been closed.