Round 2 - Let's Do It!

Options
First time I joined the site was in June 2012 weighing 195 lbs and over the year I lost 27 lbs getting down to 168 lbs. I logged in daily and was doing great but decided I didn't need the site anymore (for some silly idea that seemed smart at the time)...I had learned plenty and would be able to do just fine without the support the tools and community provided.

Wrong.

In the year I was off the site, I gained 20 lbs bringing me back up to 186 lbs. My exercise routine dwindled down to nothing (correction: only skiing every weekend from November to now). I wanted it bad then but I want it even more now.

I want to get down to that 150 lbs goal and I need some incredible, supportive people to help me along the way. Right now, I have about 38 lbs to lose, so I would love to find friends looking to lose 30-50 lbs but any help is welcome!

Good luck and thanks for reading!

Replies

• cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of gaining some weight back..it's so frustrating, but Let's do it!! You got this!!
  • Chance535
    Chance535 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and feel free to add me for support.
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    Thanks! I've added you both :D
  • laureneliset
    laureneliset Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat. I got my weight down to 175lbs in mid 2012 but within the next year (stress leading to poor diet and injury leading to no exercise) I ballooned to 220lbs (now down to 214). My goal weight is 165 so 49lbs to go!

I also thought (2012 being the 3rd time in my life I'd lost 30lbs+) that I knew all there was to know about how to lose weight (my stock line was "I know what to do, I just need to figure out how to do it consistently!") but I've recently enlisted the help of a brilliant personal trainer who turned everything I thought I knew on its head and I'm seeing some good results so far. So happy to share and motivate - I am new to using this site as anything more than a food log, so no idea how to add friends - add me if you like!
  • Tanyaradzwa88
    Tanyaradzwa88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also getting started on my second round. I joined MFP in 2010...lost ~38lbs; from 240lbs to 202lbs.
    Then I got pregnant, had a baby, came back at 199lbs
    I just started a new strategy this week, and so far so good. I'm at about 196lbs I'd like to get down to 160, so 36lbs to go

I dont have any friends here yet, would love some though! Anyone can add me!
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    Welcome back! I am here for a third time. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Christie_Roush
    Options
    Welcome back! It's my second time as well! Please feel free to add me. We can all use encouragement from others. I know I need it.
  • DebbieBiff
    Options
    Welcome back....feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Missymak
    Missymak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my second time too! I have about 35 pounds to lose. I lose some weight and then decide that I don't need to exercise or eat healthy anymore. I gained back all the weight I lost. You can add me if you want.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    I have quite a bit more to lose than you, but would be glad to share the journey with you. Sending you a request.
  • TerinnaAdams
    TerinnaAdams Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My second time too! =) Feel free to add for support =) I started at 239 im 190 now like to get down to 150ish =)
  • crazyplant
    Options
    After doing Weight Watchers and reaching goal of 150 lbs from 206 lbs I was able to keep it off for about 1 year. Then it started to creep up slowly to 155 lbs. I also was on diuretics for my blood pressure but last summer I developed a sun allergy because of those. I stopped taking them and gained 10 lbs within a month. Now I read about that stuff and it said it would keep you "artificial" to a lower weight since the body is in a way dehydrated. Then there came Thanksgiving. After that I found this program here and lost 5 lbs but never could go lower because then was Christmas...
    I notice when I track what I am eating it makes me more aware. I never stopped exercising. I gained the 5 lbs I lost back with exercise! It seems as more I try the less success I have. I do not want to go back where I came from. But I realized when I track what I eat it makes me more aware. So this is my second attempt here to get back in shape. I want to keep my wardrobe.
    I am almost 51 and in the best shape since I hit 25. I lost the weight and discovered yoga.