"Quick" weight loss tips

Options
Let me preface this by saying I'm not looking for a new diet plan, This is just for a one-day deal.

My wife and I have been in a weight loss competition since mid-January with about 25 other people. Over the last 2 months some have dropped out, some have had modest losses but my wife, myself and 2-3 others are in it to win it! We've maintained a healthy diet, regular exercise (feel free to look at my diary!) and am looking to continue this loss past the contest for the rest of the year.

However, with $300+ on the line, I'm looking for that scale giving the lowest number possible. If anyone knows of a way to drop an extra lb or two for the final weigh in, I'd be appreciatve of any tips you have! Final weigh-in is about 3 weeks away.

I know of wrestlers jogging with sweat pants/shirts for weigh ins. I'm looking for things similar to this..

Thanks!

Replies

• jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Cut a head and two arm holes into a trashbag and put on a tight shirt over it, then put on a sweatshirt and sweat pants over that, to a place where it is very hot and run your *kitten* off. Don't drink or eat anything until after you weigh. It's not safe or healthy for long term, but it will help you make weight. Also, be responsible and put your health before winning. if at any point you stop sweating, have a drink of water. Don't have a heat stroke.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Oh man have you ever come to the right place! I can help you with this. I won a Biggest Loser contest at work and dropped ~10 additional pounds overnight. You'll be able to drop that much at least.

See if you can buy a rubber sweat suit at a local sports shop, I found one for $3 at Winners. I have NO idea why it was so cheap.

Read this: http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/ and collect your cash at weigh-ins.

DISCLAIMER: This method CAN be dangerous if you're stupid with it. Do not dehydrate yourself alone in the sauna, always make sure you're with your wife. :happy:

Good luck!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    start earlier next time.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would pay attention to your salt intake a few days prior to your weigh-in to keep the water retention at bay, make sure you drink plenty of water but note that any sports drink or Mio or Crystal light might have 0 calories but tons of sodium. I would stay away from bananas and beans as well as the complex carbs a couple days prior as well, stick with greens/veggies and high fiber fruits (which will also assist in digestion).

Most wrestlers/boxers/MMA etc. or anybody trying to 'suck' wieght will have plastic bags against their skin (all this really does is make you sweat) they do it 'immediately' before weigh-in and then after hydrate and eat before they compete. Also your body will crave the sodium loss, thats why you'll find potato chips at the end finish lines of races; it holds in that water for the body to utilize for recovery.

If you're going to run with sweats, be very very careful not to dehydrate yourself that can be hard to bounce back from. Atheletes who do this, are doing so under the supervision of a profesisonal coach/trainer/nutritionist. Its important not to guzzle fluids and chow down after weigh in you'll make yourself sick.

Good luck and congrats on your loss thus far!
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yeah, our final weigh-in is at Mimi's cafe, so everyone will be having breakfast together!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Maintain as low sodium as possible (0 if possible) and also start to lower your carbs to as near 0 as you can. Do NOT do this for too long as it isn't good for your body however you will drop off a lot of water weight. You will likely feel groggy from the lowered carbs but winning $300 will likely lift your mood up.
  • monkeywizard
    Options
    Anyone know of some good "zero carb" or "zero sodium" foods?
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of some good "zero carb" or "zero sodium" foods?

You will just have to look at packets to make sure they have very low sodium levels
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use this in conjunction with overexertion, but you could use an over the counter diuretic.
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    I have heard that before weigh-ins, some fighters will take some type of salt bath that sucks out the water weight and you can drop weight that way for the weigh in. Google it? Good luck. I just did a contest and worked out in the morning before I did my weigh in and dropped a little weight for the scale.
  • monkeywizard
    Options
    the MMA link above says they take 10 minute baths of hot (just barely tollerable) water and submerge everything but their noses so they sweat and sweat!!

I'd imagine the baths are pretty salty after that!
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would start incorporating some juicing into your plan. Not a long term solution for weight loss but will knock some poundage off quickly.
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but see if you can find that "Hollywood 48 Hour Diet" drink. All it is is a super laxative. But it will clean you out good.
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If you have a friend who is a Dr. or nurse, have them hook you up with a couple of pills of lasix. Will knock off 6 or 7 pounds of water overnight. You'll have to pee a lot.

You might be risking jail time as well, but you will win the $300.
  • monkeywizard
    Options
    Thanks all for the tips! Final weigh-in is on Sunday so I'm starting the water/no salt/low carb thing http://www.scrawnytobrawny.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/bsb-hydration.pdf tomorrow..

I'll be sure to post results!

As of this morning I was 256.8. Let's see where I end up!