How do I calculate calories burned?

Options
I just did a 40-minute UFX Burn class at my gym. It's comparative to a Boot Camp class -- cardio and strength combined in intervals. It was pretty intense. I don't see anything like it listed in the Exercise database. Does anyone have any idea how I can estimate calories burned?

Replies

• Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The best way is a heart rate monitor, but that obviously only helps for the next class. I don't know of that class, but for now I would log it as Boot Camp if it's in there?
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    What was the cardio? Could you split it in half and put half the minutes in "strength training" and then choose something for the other half that would be fairly comparative to the cardio you did?
  • allisonbmerten
    allisonbmerten Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your posts! I found a listing in the database called "Circuit Training" which is essentially what the class is -- a mix of cardio and strength training.
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I also use the same - Circuit training and it usually gives a good estimate on calorie count.

I usually check with the instructor at the end of the class to get a good ball park amount too - just to confirm :)