THE BEST HEART RATE MONITOR?

Options
so i need everyones opinion, what kind and/or brand of heart rate monitors is the best?! im willing to pay up to $70. Thanks!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Polar is known to have the most accurate calculation for calories burned. However, what you want is one where you enter in height, weight, and has a chest strap.

Good Luck.
  • sarah2harris
    sarah2harris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love my SUUNTO. I have a SUUNTO and a GARMIN and both required me to enter height/weight/age/gender/ and activity level. The Garmin always says I've burned more calories than the SUUNTO does, so I feel like my SUUNTO makes me work harder, which I view as a good thing!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I bought a Timex (The model number is something like T5G971). I can't enter height in mine and that's the only difference. They're less expensive then the Polar Series. It does come with a chest strap

Found for $46 on Amazon. I'm still not sure on it though. It has me burning roughly 4 calories per minute just sitting. Seems like a lot considering I'm 5'2" and 130 pounds.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I've had a Polar HRM for several years and love it! Very reliable!
  • sedric
    sedric Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a Motiva Mio. I like it because there is no chest strap to put on and you just press down on the face to get your heart rate.
  • utamore
    Options
    Good luck getting one that is remotely close to accurate for less than $70 lol. I think the cheapest Polar that has calorie counting as a function is $80, and even that one is pretty minimal.
  • kianaik
    kianaik Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    After reading the threads on here, I went with a Polar FT7. It has the ability to enter the stats that are required for accurate numbers. I bought mine on ebay new for $63. Good luck!