6 Week Progress

Options
llaurenmarie
llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
It's been 6 weeks since my new trainer introduced me to the world of strength training.
I have much slower progress however I know it's sustainable. No longer feeling guilty for things I "shouldn't" eat.

No. More. Scale.
My belly has lost 2 solid inches. The scale fluctuates saying I've lost 7-10lbs. Her opinion no longer matters.

I haven't had a *real* pimple in a month.

I've been taking photos and there's an absolute difference, just not ready to show yet.
(also last time I tried to use photobucket to post it was a disaster)

24 years old
5'5''
197-200lbs from 208
43 inch belly(not waist) from 45

Replies

• GrnEydBndit
    GrnEydBndit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! Keep up the good work. I'm with you on the scale thing. I measure my success by how I fit in my clothes, my energy and how I feel overall.
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    rhileyschubbygranny Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I amstarting weighttraining this sunday.How manycalories are youeati g andare youdoing cardio also?
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If your trainer has you squatting in a smith machine, fire that fool.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Awesome! I amstarting weighttraining this sunday.How manycalories are youeati g andare youdoing cardio also?
    I'm set at 1600, non workout days I try to do 1500, and workout days I eat about half my exercise calories back.

I do about 20 minutes of cardio before lifting, then we do circuit training afterwards.
    On the days I go by myself I do about an hour of cardio.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    If your trainer has you squatting in a smith machine, fire that fool.
    That was in my first week to learn how to even hold a bar lol
    I do everything without it now :blushing:
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Good job!!! Keep up the good work. I'm with you on the scale thing. I measure my success by how I fit in my clothes, my energy and how I feel overall.
    Agreed! I've been taking my progress photos in the same pair of 14s

Let me tell you, I didn't realize I wasn't even a 14 before because they're just starting to fit properly now -__-
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I'm set at 1600, non workout days I try to do 1500, and workout days I eat about half my exercise calories back.

I do about 20 minutes of cardio before lifting, then we do circuit training afterwards.
    On the days I go by myself I do about an hour of cardio.
    Also been a month taking Omega 3-6-9, B-6, and Daily Gummies :3
    Not sure what benefits the omegas have but I heard they're good for you hah
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!