Good Bye Collage Video

Options
I logged on to my favorite website last night to discover Collagevideo.com is no more. I was conflicted with lots of mixed emotions the first being rage because I missed the closeout sale and miss a chance to pick up items on my wish list at a discounted price. Afterwards I really was feeling sadness. By best friend and weight loss partner was gone away. The site was invaluable in giving video break downs and reviews plus different degree of intensity and most importantly choreography of the vast array of workout videos. The ability to see preview was also very useful. I can probably get that same information but now have to use 3 to 4 websites for it. Does anyone have a good site recommendation for picking up workout videos and previewing them?

Replies

• almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I was sad to see Collage go, too! Saw the sale early, though, and got some good deals.

Check out videofitness.com for reviews, and totalfitnessdvds.com is a good source for preview clips.
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad (and a little mad, too!) I was JUST there previewing videos that I was interested in. Either this happened quickly or I totally missed any notice on the site. Video clips for workouts are the hardest thing to find and I'm really picky. I like to see a clip of the instructor or try out a workout before I invest in one. Netflix stopped adding workout DVDs a few years ago so nothing new there either.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad (and a little mad, too!) I was JUST there previewing videos that I was interested in. Either this happened quickly or I totally missed any notice on the site. Video clips for workouts are the hardest thing to find and I'm really picky. I like to see a clip of the instructor or try out a workout before I invest in one. Netflix stopped adding workout DVDs a few years ago so nothing new there either.

Me too....gonna miss Collage

What Almc said.................totalfitnessdvds.com has video clips & reviews (sometimes Amazon has clips too)
  • AHASRADA
    AHASRADA Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It did happen very quickly. I got an email from them last Wed. AM that they were going out of business. I added several items to my wishlist, got on with my day and went back to make a final decision on what to buy at about 9pm and 3/4 of the stuff I wanted was already gone! I went back through and added 10 items to my cart, immediately went to checkout, and there were only 4 items left in my cart! So yes, everything went that fast. By Thurs. AM there were only beginner, pregnancy and elderly workouts left.

I have been buying from them for decades, and they will be sorely missed, especially the detailed descriptions and video clips.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Saw this today.
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/more-than-mat-pilates-advanced-level-7587

We’ll be back and running at full speed very soon. We’ll be on a new web host with a faster store platform, but will still have the great features you’ve come to love, as well as the top-notch customer service you’ve come to expect, from Collage Video. Not to mention an even wider selection of terrific fitness DVDs and associated products.

Contact us at: collage@collagevideo.com
    :smile:
  • bapcast
    Options
    I'm glad someone took up the collage video site, but the new Collage site is disappointing. This post says it will still have all the great features, but really it has none of them. Missing the great community, extensive reviews from users and staff/experts, and the video clips. Also it seems to have fewer videos and search options - for instance I can't search by "dance." Thanks for the tips on other sites with reviews and previews.I hope the new owners of collage make it more robust. I've been using it since before there was an internet - it was catalog only!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm glad someone took up the collage video site, but the new Collage site is disappointing. This post says it will still have all the great features, but really it has none of them. Missing the great community, extensive reviews from users and staff/experts, and the video clips. Also it seems to have fewer videos and search options - for instance I can't search by "dance." Thanks for the tips on other sites with reviews and previews.I hope the new owners of collage make it more robust. I've been using it since before there was an internet - it was catalog only!

They still have video clips, a customer forum (you have to sign in), and reviews from users & staff. Some reviews are skimpy, while others are very complete.

You can do searches.....I don't think the new site is as detailed or as user friendly as it used to be. It takes awhile to find your way around now.

I found a "Specialty Category: Dance" and "Workout: Jazz Dancing"....there are a couple of "Dance brands" to search under. But you're right, searching is more difficult now. I used to be able to put in low impact AND basic choreography.....now it's not so simple.