breakfast

Options
What low calorie breakfast do you like to have? Looking for help with variety.

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Porridge (oatmeal in US?) made with half water, half milk and topped with fruit/ nuts/ syrup or honey; scrambled egg, boiled egg, yoghurt and fruit. Sometimes just fruit - I always try and find interesting fruits.
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and Granola with a banana for me.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Here are some things i eat, but this varies from person to person. I prefer my calories to be at 350 or under for breakfast, whether I'm losing weight or not.

Small muffin ( like 2 oz )
    Luna Bar
    Clif Kids
    Yogurt
    Berries
    BelVita varietites
    Turkey Bacon
    Turkey Sausage
    Chicken Sausage
    Cereal
    Protein Bar varieties
    Various granola bars
    Breakfast biscuits/wraps

etc, etc.

Depends on what I feel like eating!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with high fiber cereal & slivered almonds

Steel cut oats with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and sweetened with maple syrup
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, granola, fresh fruit, oatmeal (homemade with brown sugar and cinnamon)

I also do protein bars as a late morning snack.
  • attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Granola bar and a handful of almonds. I'm not a big breakfast eater
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    Coffee, Greek yogurt, followed by fruit around 10:30-ish.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I like to keep my breakfast calories under 300.

Whole egg + egg white + slice of toast
    Whole egg + one ounce of cheese + slice of toast
    Oatmeal with walnuts and craisins
    Brown rice/egg whites/turkey sausage in a variety of preparations (plain, in a wrap/corn torilla, with or without a small amount of cheese)
    Egg muffins (made w/ veggies, cheese, turkey sausage, whatever)
    Greek yogurt with walnuts, strawberries, granola/oats

I have to have protein with my breakfast to make it through to my morning snack. I have completely sworn off cereal.
  • CharleeCali
    CharleeCali Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for breakfast, then hot chocolate as a mid-morning snack. After doing lo-carb for so long, both are such a treat for me. I'm sure I'll get bored with it in a few years. :happy:
  • JaneLane33
    JaneLane33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    one whole egg either hard boiled or scrambled in a non-stick pan served with sauteed mushrooms and feta cheese or chopped fresh green beans sauteed with 1 slice finely chopped bacon
    Oatmeal cooked with a tiny amount of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon peanut butter, banana on the side
    apple slices and peanut butter with one slice whole grain toast
    I usually have a glass of milk and a cup of coffee with breakfast.
    Due to my job I can't snack between meals so I need things that will keep me going until lunch time.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    1 egg 3 cups spinach shredded cheese
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Low cal English muffin toasted with a scrambled egg in a small glass dish the same size as the muffin
    And glass of skim milk.. Sets me for the day with my muffin "sandwich"
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    M-F my go to breakfast is a protein smoothie made with Greek yogurt, a banana, mixed berries and protein powder. It's roughly 300 calories, filling, and easy to make and portable. :)
  • threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fried egg and cheese sandwich in a pita pocket
  • tweedledee16
    tweedledee16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I start work at 6 am and I usually graze throughout the morning: Coffee, piece of fruit, greek yogurt and hard boiled egg (I have about six hours between breakfast and lunch break - so I try to space out my foods in the morning). On the weekends: Fruit, light multigrain english muffin, peanut butter and 1 egg. :)
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    A sandwich. Keeps you full for a while and is high in protein!

What I usually make it with:
    2 slices Ezekiel Bread
    3 ounces chicken or turkey lunch meat (usually Boar's Head brand or another low sodium brand)
    1 oz of cheese (get it thinly sliced from the deli - usually also Boar's Head brand)
    335 calories and 35g of protein!
  • 1nsomniac13
    1nsomniac13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm typically pretty lazy, so I do up smoothies... throw everything in a blender and away you go. This was my breakfast today:

1 cup strawberries, 1 banana, 8 leaves of mint, 1.5 cups of baby spinach, 1 tbsp honey, 1.5 cups water.

Ends up looking like a brown slurry with the red and green, but tastes good, has a decent quantity and is pretty healthy. It's roughly 350 calories, but is portable, which comes in very handy, depending on your job.
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    egg whites, turkey sausage crumbles, and a little bit of low fat cheese. rinse it all down with coffee. it's around 350 calories and still gets me through til 9:30 snack time
  • Tanteee
    Tanteee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with high fiber cereal & slivered almonds

Steel cut oats with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and sweetened with maple syrup

Thanks for that always wondered what PB2 was, i'm in the UK.
  • Gray_Sare
    Gray_Sare Posts: 21
    Options
    Some of my current favorites:

1-2 egg, 1 slice ultra thin cheese, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 1-2 slice of udi's gf bread (of course regular bread is always substitutable!)

1 egg, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/4 cup oats, = protein pancake topped with either pb2 or butter/light syrup