NEED HEALTHY MEAL IDEAS

Options
HELP ME! I need some healthy meal ideas! I want to shed those pounds away but dont know what to eat. Help!

Replies

• saraita
    saraita Posts: 9
    Options
    HELP ME! I need some healthy meal ideas! I want to shed those pounds away but dont know what to eat. Help!
  • Tizz
    Tizz Posts: 38
    Options
    Egg Plant Parmesean! (sp) look it up!
  • saraita
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • saraita
    Options
    Is it low in cal?
  • Tizz
    Tizz Posts: 38
    Options
    oh yah definetly.. i don't make it with pasta or anything . Just the Eggplant, (breaded) with tomatoe sauce and cheese. There are lots of easy recipes for it online. I think its around 100 cals Per Slice which is barely anything!!
  • saraita
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • kellierenee
    Options
    Kashi lemograss coconut frozen meal is delicious!!!!!
  • memeburke
    Options
    Hi,
    I am eating a salad with: lettuce,red onion,manderin canned oranges, walnuts, and dried cranberries.The dressing is Old Cape Cod Lite Poppyseed. OMG, this combination is Awsome!!!! Now I think a nice piece of grilled chicken would put it over the top. Try it, you'll like it.
    Shirley
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Too many in my folder, cooking light magazine is a great resource for healthier eating, and you get to eat something besides "diet" food.

some of my favorites
    vegetarian chili (my own recipe, really easy)
    turkey burgers with gorgonzola cheese
    chicken tacos
    vegetable soup
    garbanzo bean salad with flatbread
    any kind of fish with lemon and some snap peas or asparagus

there is a lot out there to choose from, another suggestion is to hit a book store and browse through some cook books and jot down the ideas, maybe not the whole recipe but just getting some ideas in your head will help you cook some tasty and healthy meals.
  • HippyChx
    HippyChx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can mix or match to get a different meal and use different seasonings

Boneless skinless chicken breast or fish (I usually go with cod, tilapia, or salmon).

Brown rice or couscous

Any kind of veggie steamed....you can almost eat as much as you'd like and it will help fill you up.