Ravenously 15 minutes before lunch...

Options
Hi there -

So I've noticed that at 11:45 a.m., I always get hungry - 15-30 minutes before lunch. Like, I don't/can't wait 15 minutes before I eat hungry level. Like the minutes TICK BY until noon hungry.

I usually get to eating breakfast at about 9 a.m., and I eat Greek yogurt with the protein granola and fruit and coffee with a 1 tbsp of creamer - this always fills me up. I feel like don't really have time to eat a mid-morning snack if I'm done eating by 9:30 and will be eating in 2 1/2 hours.

I feel like it doesn't make sense to eat a snack 15 minutes before I'm about to eat a meal. If I do eat a snack, then I'm not hungry for lunch any more and it screws up my eating schedule for the rest of the day. I've always tried the drinking water thing, but it's definitely hunger.

Anyone have suggestions about what I could eat when I'm about to eat? I don't want to ruin my lunch appetite or add in extra calories for the day that I've already so meticulously calculated out!

Thank you :)

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My lunch is in 30 minutes and despite my coffee, tea and gum, I'm really hungry.

:cry:
  • summerfly413
    summerfly413 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try drinking lots of water. Just tons when you start to get that hungry feeling 15-30 minutes before you actually plan on eating. Then do something to distract yourself. Go talk to people, type up an email, anything to stay busy.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    A full glass of water would help u before meal
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I usually bring a fruit cup or something to go along with my lunch... I don't know if you do, but if so you could always just eat that before eating the rest of your meal. That way it feels like a snack but since you've already laid it out that you're going to eat it, it won't mess up your calories :) I have to do this sometimes.
  • Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem with dinner! I'll eat 2,000+ calories about 10 minutes before dinner ( a total binge ) then I would be too full to eat dinner with my family. Drink lots of water and keep yourself distracted.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i am the exact same way. until last week my lunch was at 10:15 by 10:00 i was starving or even 9:45 lol. well now they have changed it to 11:15 and let me tell you its been awful. im snacking somewhere around 9:30 but still never quiet "not hungry" until after lunch. it ****ing sucks. i prefer to do my snacking at night and would love to actaully have calories left for an after dinner snack. but here recently it hasnt been the case.
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    maybe instead of fruit you could try a boiled egg? probably close to the same calories as the fruit but more protein. (keeps you full longer)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    eat at 1145 instead of noon?

I don't really honestly understand what the issue is- some days I get really hungry early- other days I don't eat anything till 11 AM.

no one SAYS you have to eat at noon exactly- unless you have work restrictions- in which case I recommend eating a slightly more filling breakfast and just go from there.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    your breakfast has a fairly high sugar load , agree with trying protein , like an egg instead..
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I've switched to lower carb mornings and I can go until 11-12 before eating my first actual meal. I used to be the "ravenous, can't wait until lunchtime" person.

I put 1 tsp of coconut oil, and protein powder in my coffee in the morning and I swear the extra fat/protein has made all the difference.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    well shoot, on days that i drink coffee in the morning i can go till noon without eating as well. lol
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hi there -

So I've noticed that at 11:45 a.m., I always get hungry - 15-30 minutes before lunch. Like, I don't/can't wait 15 minutes before I eat hungry level. Like the minutes TICK BY until noon hungry.

I usually get to eating breakfast at about 9 a.m., and I eat Greek yogurt with the protein granola and fruit and coffee with a 1 tbsp of creamer - this always fills me up. I feel like don't really have time to eat a mid-morning snack if I'm done eating by 9:30 and will be eating in 2 1/2 hours.

I feel like it doesn't make sense to eat a snack 15 minutes before I'm about to eat a meal. If I do eat a snack, then I'm not hungry for lunch any more and it screws up my eating schedule for the rest of the day. I've always tried the drinking water thing, but it's definitely hunger.

Anyone have suggestions about what I could eat when I'm about to eat? I don't want to ruin my lunch appetite or add in extra calories for the day that I've already so meticulously calculated out!

Thank you :)

If you are getting that hungry a mere 2 1/2 hours later it sounds like you need more protein and fat............less carbs.

I eat breakfast at 5:30 am and usually don't start getting hungry again until around 12:30 or 1:00 pm. My breakfast is pure protein and fat though with black coffee.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you consistently eat at noon maybe your body is just trained to get hungry then. If you can I'd just eat when I'm hungry rather then on a set schedule.
  • peter3jl
    peter3jl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's not a very high sugar breakfast, it comes out to 25 grams protein, 6 g fat, 16 carbs and 11 sugar. Is that?

Also, to clarify, I use 1/8 cup of granola (half the serving) and 3 cut up raw strawberries with plain greek yogurt - I cannot eat it without some flavoring (I refuse to eat sugar-laden flavored yogurt) so I try to get some fiber and taste in there with minimal fruit/granola.

I already tried going from 0% fat yogurt to 2% yogurt to increase the fat/calorie count. I do need to include carbs in my diet because I'm a runner, depleting my carbs too much severely affects my running and energy levels I've found after lots of messing around with that.

I think I will try the coconut oil in my coffee thing, that sounds like a good idea. I've heard that's good for you in many ways!

No can do on the 11:45 lunch, lunch time is noon at work.

I like to eat hard boiled egg, but i hate hardboiled yolks (tastes like chalk!) so it ends up not being much of snack, but maybe i could try adding those to my breakfast, too!

Thanks for the suggestions all.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    That's poopy- technically our lunch is at noon- but being desk jockeys with no real "lunch room" we mostly eat at our desks "around" noon.

Just eat more- I eat my yogurt the same way you do- plain + my own fruit (I nuke mine for 30-60 seconds so they are warm) and I add protein powder- 240 calories 40 grams protein. nom nomnom nom.

try eggs- or bacon- if you eat scrambled- do scrambled eggs- or maybe some nuts to gnosh on at 1130?

I drink a lot of coffee/water to keep me feeling full when I'm on an uber restricted diet- good excuse to get up and walk more too!
  • peter3jl
    Options
    PROTEIN POWDER IN GREEK YOGURT.

Holy.
    GENIUS.
    Will try.

Bacon? GIVE ME ALL THE BACON. I'll get it from the work cafeteria when I have change around, but costs too much as a regular thing.
  • peter3jl
    Options
    I think the coconut oil coffee might work. It's 12 and I just got hungry. And not like I want to eat an entire bear hungry. Just it's time to eat hungry :)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    PROTEIN POWDER IN GREEK YOGURT.

Holy.
    GENIUS.
    Will try.

Bacon? GIVE ME ALL THE BACON. I'll get it from the work cafeteria when I have change around, but costs too much as a regular thing.
    heh- yeah vanilla protein in plain yogurt with fruit is pretty amazing. it's my go to snack.

Yeah it get pricey- but it's worth it- for 5 bucks a week or whatever- I'll take it. I have no idea what it costs in our cafe- every time I go down I'm never happy with what I see- their bacon is okay- but I don't like paying for it when I have it at home.

yes. bacon. ALL the bacon.
    (bacon wrapped asparagus say wutttt!!!)