How Many Times a Week Should I Exercise?

Options
Ok so I finally got myself a gym membership and was wondering how many times a week I should exercise and what type of exercise I should do? I'm 5ft 3in and weight 126.5lbs with a small frame. I heard somewhere that people my height and weight wanting to lose 20 to 15lbs should exercise less or something... so I don't really know haha. Any help would be awesome!

Replies

• JaysWays
    JaysWays Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft1 I weigh 125-130 and I am in the best shape I have been in. Muscle weighs more than fat. Still I want to see progress and get more lean. I would recommend weight lifting. I also recommend doing cardio a couple times a week. Go on bodybuilding.com. It shows you the moves how to do them properly. You can find a routine that best fits you. I like to find a full body routine. Full body I would say do three times week and the other days if you feel like you want to do cardio go for it! Your tiny, and I think you would benefit and like the results you get from weight training. If you have any more questions or need advice message me! Good luck to you.
  • Courtney066
    Options
    I am 5ft1 I weigh 125-130 and I am in the best shape I have been in. Muscle weighs more than fat. Still I want to see progress and get more lean. I would recommend weight lifting. I also recommend doing cardio a couple times a week. Go on bodybuilding.com. It shows you the moves how to do them properly. You can find a routine that best fits you. I like to find a full body routine. Full body I would say do three times week and the other days if you feel like you want to do cardio go for it! Your tiny, and I think you would benefit and like the results you get from weight training. If you have any more questions or need advice message me! Good luck to you.

Thanks so much! this really helps!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ok so I finally got myself a gym membership and was wondering how many times a week I should exercise and what type of exercise I should do? I'm 5ft 3in and weight 126.5lbs with a small frame. I heard somewhere that people my height and weight wanting to lose 20 to 15lbs should exercise less or something... so I don't really know haha. Any help would be awesome!

Fitness & lifestyle change

Strength training (+protein) helps you keep muscle while eating at a deficit. Muscle mass supports your bones & keeps your metabolism up

Cardio - good for your heart, and burns calories too

Lifestyle change.........how will you maintain the weight you have lost? ......by continuing to move more.