Weight on the Scale

Options
So I weighed at home and the gym yesterday (digital scales). my personal scale read 150, gym scale 154. I just replaced the battery in my personal scale because it started giving me crazy readings so figured it was wrong.. went and bought a new scale and weighed today and it says 151.4. So which one should I go by? Is the gym more accurate?

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Just pick one and use it. Regardless of the number, if it shows a loss you are losing.

A number is just a number.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    The number is irrelevant...any scale you step on is going to give you a slightly different number because all scales are going to be calibrated slightly differently. Pick one and track the trend...the trend is what is important, the number is just a number.

ETA: you also need to weigh in at roughly the same time and under the same conditions. You're going to weigh more later in the day because presumably you will have eaten food and taken in beverage, etc...those things have mass and thus weight and that weight shows up on the scale. Not to mention, you are accumulating waste in your system. This is why most people weigh themselves first thing in the AM after they've taken care of business and before they've really consumed any food or beverage...and also naked...you don't need to weigh your clothes...they have nothing to do with your body weight or your BF% or anything.
  • actiontime26
    actiontime26 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You have to pick one scale and stick to that scale so your weigh loss will be accurate.
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!