Give up your food addictions Christmas Challenge!!

Options
HI guys!; I posted this topic since this week I've been thinking that It's really hard to keep on track on holidays, too much celebration, alcohol, food, dinner with friends, etc...I've noticed that when I get out of the track and eat some foods which I'm addicted I want more and more and sometimes I go overboard...The kind of foods that increase my cravings are: milk (whole milk), ice cream, cheese and white bread...I decided to challenge myself to give up dairy (except for greek yogurt) and white bread at least for the rest of this month. I won't be following an strict diet because It's christmas and we all have food that are not always the best choice, but I think I can just cut these kind of foods that make me go overboard...

I want to know what are the kind of foods that make you have cravings and get out of the track, and If you want you can join me in my challenge and try to give up on these...

I hope you all have a very good start of the weekend!!...And good luck with your goals and Merry Christmas!:drinker:

Replies

• SkierElle
    Options
    Yep! I'm with you! Mine are anything sweet. Any desserts. Even pancakes will bring on the bad cravings, so basically any white flour containing food. I made a challenge to have less than 1500 calories of desserts from Dec. 10 to Xmas. So far I'm at 0!! I may indulge once or twice before Christmas, on Christmas eve and day, but that's it, and all of it will add up to less than 1500 and fit into my calorie allowance. Yep it's going to take a lot of willpower!
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    any kinds of cakes, goodies, sweets are for me. I'll join but christmas eve and christmas are black out days for me. i'm going to do my best to resist but don't know i can say no to everything!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm with you! Mine are anything sweet. Any desserts. Even pancakes will bring on the bad cravings, so basically any white flour containing food. I made a challenge to have less than 1500 calories of desserts from Dec. 10 to Xmas. So far I'm at 0!! I may indulge once or twice before Christmas, on Christmas eve and day, but that's it, and all of it will add up to less than 1500 and fit into my calorie allowance. Yep it's going to take a lot of willpower!

I think allowing a certain number of calories for dessert in a month is a BRILLIANT idea. Seriously. I have never thought of doing that, but I think I will set a goal for January! Such a good idea. Good luck!
  • SkierElle
    Options
    I think allowing a certain number of calories for dessert in a month is a BRILLIANT idea. Seriously. I have never thought of doing that, but I think I will set a goal for January! Such a good idea. Good luck!

Yeah, if I allow a certain number then I will want to save it for something really special, more towards the end of the challenge. I'd feel bad even if I used up half of them this week!! I'll continue it in January (more strict) so if we have some people interested, we could do a challenge together.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Mine is anything sweet......toffee, candies, cookies, fudge, etc. And that stuff is everywhere!

I may try a calorie limit on these goodies (or badies!) for the next three weeks and see where that takes me......! Great ideas everyone!
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm also addicted to sweets but It's less frequent I eat them. Instead milk, cheese and bread are ALWAYS at home and when I eat them, I don't know, but my brain just tell me eat eat eat, and I eat a lot...so I think those kind of foods increase a lot my cravings...I can say NO to desserts but when I taste a little piece of bread, this is followed by more bread, sweets and junk food, so I have to get serious...I'm starting today!!! I will be writing everydays and also when I indulge (I hope not)....I hope you're doing it tooo!! Good luck you guys!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I too have it bad for sweets but also chips.....I absolutely love Tositos w/a hint of Jalepeno, if i'm not careful, I could easily eat an entire bag in one sitting.

I like the idea of allotting a certain number of calories for sweets/chips for the month. I told myself I would not be having any sweets other than weight watchers until Christmas. I've been doing pretty well but can't wait til Christmas is here.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I will be avoiding all bread and most wheat products, I'm pretty sure I have an intolerance to wheat, I will be avoiding chocolate as best I can too as this is a trigger for craving more and more.
    I'm also officially ADDICTED to biscuits, peanuts and cashews.
    I've banned all wheat biscuits now but I have to control the oat biscuits I am allowed, I've recently said that I must not buy anymore nuts!! These just get eaten far too quickly and I tend to go over on these every time I have them.

I think if I could get this under control I'd be able to maintain much easier.

Good luck to everyone over the Christmas period, it is tough but any little changes or restrictions we make will make a difference in the end.

Oh and I must watch my pink wine and Bailey's intake over Christmas and New year!!!
    These are easy to have more once I've had one too!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    These are my current rules
    - No wheat (therefore no chips, bread, pasta's or cakes :))
    - No candy (except chocolate)
    - No alcohol (except champagne which I can only have one glass of as it goes STRAIGHT to my head :)
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    For me it's cheese and chocolate. I can't even walk past chocolate fudge. It just jumps into my mouth! I might just join into this challenge. Well, then again, there are soft chocolate chip cookies. Oh, just thinking about those foods is literally making my mouth water.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    These are my current rules
    - No wheat (therefore no chips, bread, pasta's or cakes :))
    - No candy (except chocolate)
    - No alcohol (except champagne which I can only have one glass of as it goes STRAIGHT to my head :)

Haha! I like your rules =) I am trying to give up the wheat (actually most grains) too!! I feel so much better without it but occassionally I enjoy a nice sandwich on whole grain bread.
    I love dark chocolate and champagne!
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    So, I must accept it! I haven't been a good girl!, This week has been very stressful and I've been eating the first I find in the refrigerator including CHEESE!!:explode: , So I will begin my challenge today! and I promise to do it well this time!...Wish me luck!! How are you guys doing??
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I am holding strong. I have not had any sweets (other than weight watchers) or tostitos over the past two weeks. I am looking forward to being able to indulge a little next week.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I plan on giving up everything except for meat and vegetables. No white bread, no sweets, and not a lot of alcohol, maybe I will keep some wine and shots, but I will try to stay away from beer.