Has anyone tried....

Options
Has anyone gone somewhere to get there body fat percentage tested? I want to make an appointment but dont know what to expect. Im kind of nervous. Lol. Thnk you

Replies

• saraita
    saraita Posts: 9
    Options
    Has anyone gone somewhere to get there body fat percentage tested? I want to make an appointment but dont know what to expect. Im kind of nervous. Lol. Thnk you
  • dancegirl1
    Options
    I think there are a few different ways to have it tested. I got mine done the manual way, by a personal trainer. I'm not going to lie...its pretty awkward. When I got mine tested, they pinched four different places on my body: my arm, back, stomach, (I don't remember where else - I think I was too caught up in him grabbing as much of my belly fat as he could :grumble: ) But...once that is all over, its nice to know the answer - whether its a high number or on the lower end, it is just an informative bit to know. I'm sorry I didn't make it sound super glorious...
  • saraita
    saraita Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you for replying. Sounds awkward. Lol. Maybe ill try it. Thanks
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Eh, it's a medical test. Put it in that mindset. It's like the breast exam portion of your yearly pap. While incredible (mentally) uncomfortable, we do it because it is a valid medical test.

Knowing your body fat is a valid medical test to see where you are and where you need to be.
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    Well there's lots of differnt ways to test, from what I heared the only 100% way to know for sure is to be weighed in water and out of water. With the Navy we measure the neck the waist and hip but at LA fitness we use one of the electrodes monitor there all pretty close. I have not had the skin fold test but I sure it's close to the rest.. Anyway it will give some goals to set.