First Week of Insaity?

I was just curious for those who did Insanity and had some serious weight to lose [I want to drop like 50 to 75 lbs] after the first week did you see any weight loss? I feel better, I'm moving faster and easier but I've put on nearly half a pound, which is disappointing.

Everything I've read talks about people losing inches but not much weight in the first month but these are people who were fairly small to begin with. Maybe needing to drop that last 10 to 20 pounds or so.

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there like me, who had way more weight to lose that could share their Insanity experience?

Replies

• Hey, I would like an answer to your question too. I just started insanity too, and just finished my first week. I have about 45 lbs to lose. I read that people lost inches with insanity, but i seem to be gaining weight and not losing any inches. I know that for about 2 weeks I was eating under my calorie limit set my MFP and I'm recently trying to all my calorie set my MFP and eat back some of my exercise calories too. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe we should wait till the second week of insanity and see if there are any changes then?
  • Hasu
    Hasu Posts: 67
    I'm trying to eat between 1200 and 1400 calories myself but it all depends on the day. I sometimes found myself eating under 1200 but it was very rare. I'm happy to see myself lose inches and clothes fit better but I really also need to see some weight fall off too lol.

I'm hopeful that by during the second week, I'll actually start to see some weight loss. I know that when starting a new routine, especially one like Insanity there can be a build up of lactic acid [I think that's the term] which can cause a temporary gain on the scales as your body begins to build muscle and muscule is good - it does burn fat. I'd just like to see some movement on the scale too, in the downward direction ^_^
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Hey hey!! welcome to the world of insanity!! I'm on week one round three of insanity. Its an addiction for me :) For the first month i did it, i lost just over 10 lbs and a lot of inches!! make sure you take measurements, that's more accurate then the scale :) Also, if you are not use to doing intense cardio, there is a good chance your body will gain a little weight before it loses. Keep plugging away and eating clean. If you are looking for some extra support, i have a ladies only support group on FB. Send me a msg. We would love to have you :)
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Hey everyone,
    I too have been doing Insanity ( started week 3 today). I have gained a little bit of weight - which I know is in the form of muscle and not fat. Gaining weight from developing muscle is something to expect when doing insanity! I have seen results as far as inches lost and know that the program is working but the progress is most certainly no "quick fix" for me. Insanity is a great program and I have noticed strength and stamina development from just the past two weeks. Do NOT let the number on the scale determine your progress and success with this program. Continue to use it if you feel that it is helping, but remember that eating clean and taking care of your body ( stretching and not over exerting yourself) is very important as well. I have been incorporating walking with my insanity workouts and now that my body is not extremely sore from Insanity I will begin to incorporate other exercises into my daily routine in order to ensure that I am burning calories and hopefully losing both pounds and inches!!!

Feel free to add me if you would like as this is a difficult program and I am more than willing to help out and support in any way I can!!!
  • dy617
    dy617 Posts: 76 Member
    All of you have given really great advice. I experienced the same thing (new to Insanity, so talking about weight loss and exercise in general) as I tend to "gain" according to the scale but I have new muscles that I can feel living under the fat, and I am so much stronger. I chose to start Insanity because I want to burn through the layers of fat to get to the muscle. I just finished another awesome BB program, but I didn't get the best results because of my stubbornness. I was scared to eat the calories and hung out around 1600 when calculations called for 2000. I won't make that mistake with Insanity. EAT! and be Merry or as merry as one can be getting their butt kicked by Shaun T!
  • Hasu
    Hasu Posts: 67
    Any and all support is appreciated, anyone feel free to add me.

I've been enjoying Insanity so far. Today was the first day of week 2 and I'm still enjoying it, so a good sign. I've been reading and I know some people have done a mix/mash up of Insanity and other Beach Body programs. I've got the time at the minute and it's tempting to keep Insanity as my main workout but to toss another one in there 2 to 3 times a week lol.

Has anyone ever done anything like that during their first round of Insanity?
  • Any support is much appreciated. I have been reading about eating clean and people eating between 1400 - 1600 calories. I'm wondering if this is their net calories? I'm also wondering if people are eating just the calories given by MFP or fat2fit radio. Fat2fit radio says i have to eat about 2299 calories and i'm wondering if this should be my net calories or everything in general because i'm having a hard time eating 1700 calories without including things like white bread... Thanks to anyone who replies me back an answer in advance
  • jessicagibbs1
    jessicagibbs1 Posts: 1 Member
    So... Started insanity for the second time today! Last time only made it a week as Christmas came about but that week lost 5lbs which I have kept off!! Now I am planning on losing 2 stone through insanity (to tone) and low carb diet! Might need some motivation every now and then so feel free to add me :))

Good luck everyone else doing insanity! I'm hoping I can keep it up this time and not be tempted by Easter haha!!
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    I did Insanity right off the bat. I was 153lbs.

I got in shape, I lost some inches, a few lbs, but it wasn't drastic.

Insanity isn't a magic weight loss program. Honestly, I wish I would have waited to do it when I was more fit. The goal is to get your to build muscle and define your body that is already in decent shape.

Is it going to have bad effects for losing weight? Absolutely not. You sweat your *kitten* off! I just think it isn't a program for people who have been on the couch.

I'm going to give it another go this summer :)