feeling frustrated

Options
Okay 7 weeks of counting every calorie I consume and coming in under calorie goal most days..exercising..still have lost no weight at all (well, I lost six then gained it back ). I do have a thyroid problem but it is under control. I do not eat sugar at all. I don't drink diet sodas. I'm going through perimenopause, but so are a lot of other people on this board. 5'10 and 229. I'm just sick about it. I'm thinking eat less/exercise more is not at all for everyone. I've NEVER had this much trouble droppping a few pounds. Geez, my goal weight is 190! Any advice?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Againg Can not seee diary so cant really say. People think they are doig it right but once I see it generally changes can be made to get it going
  • wanderinghorn
    Options
    thanks for replying..no..I try to stay at 1400 including exercise points. At 1200 it didn't move at all.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Maybe this will help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

good luck , oh and water really makes a difference
  • wanderinghorn
    Options
    what changes? If I eat lower carb I can lose, but then I always gain back twice what I lost when I have stress and give in and eat carbs. Plus I have a medical issue that prevents me from eating too much protein. If it is truly eat less/move more shouldn't I be losing on 1400 calories and 45 minutes of exercise a day? If you know of a plan, please tell me. I am miserable
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    It's so easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed! I have always struggled with weight loss, and I've also been pursuing my goal for awhile now. Congratulations on the exercise regime! I struggle with this and the diet sodas. . .Ugh! I need to get motivated to start moving! Stay positive, and start thinking thin. I know it sounds stupid, but if you start believing, you WILL see results. I had been at a plateau for a week, and I switched my thinking. I lost 1.5 lbs!

Also consider this: the weight crept on. It certainly did for me! Little did I notice my jeans getting tighter until they didn't zip! It will take time for the weight to begin to melt off. You WANT slow weight loss. . .it's the only way to insure that it stays off. Think about what would be happening if you weren't counting calories. . .Consider the alternative! More weight gain?! No thanks!

Maybe you're not eating enough calories to replace some of the defecit from your exercise. . .play with it a little. But STAY POSITIVE!!! You are making healthy, lasting changes. . .Congratulations!
  • wanderinghorn
    Options
    thanks, Lauren! Unfortunately, I gained 35 pounds in three months! Something happened to my body and it hasn't beent he same since. We lived in korea...we are back now. Maybe the stress? I love your positive attitude and will try to apply!
  • katsmeow77
    Options
    Hi there! I do not have any advice for you, unfortunately, but I will tell you to stay strong. You are a great person and deserve the very best. Try to stay motivated because eventually something has got to give. Plus, you motivate me! :-)