• sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    That's great progress for 5 weeks!

Keep on truckin'! :drinker:
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Have someone else measure you if possible.

You have some obvious progress- but it is a slow progress and only seems to get slower. Keep up the good work.

If you think you hit a plateau then change something either diet or exercise. Eat 10% cals more a day (or 10% less). Have an intense cardio week, or an active recovery yoga week, then go back to your normal routine.

It's likely you won't see the difference after your experiment week, but the week after-once you're back to normal.
  • valerier77
    valerier77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can relate to what you are feeling. I have more weight to lose than you but an encouraging husband who is assuring me he sees a big difference although the scales and measuring tape are not going as quickly as I would like. Hubby tells me "you didn't put that weight on in a day and it won't come off in a day". He knows too since he lost 40 pounds over the course of a year. If you feel better, please focus on that and keep going as I too see a difference in your pictures. Look for non-scale victories! :)

Valerie
  • Thanks so much. I've just been eating more (eating around my BMR) and I have a bowflex that hubby bought. I do that 4-6 times a week. I have been alternating legs, arms/back /chest shoulders, and not a lot of cardio but 2 times a week ....I should try a little more cardio! :D Thanks everyone!
  • luminajd
    luminajd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am amazed your measurements havent changed, I see a huge difference! You look awesome! Keep it going!
  • After finding my initial measurements on a post-it note on my desk... (oops....) and carefully measuring again, I can see I have indeed lost a total of 5 inches all over my body!!!!!!
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Whoa, huge difference!!!! Do you seen how incredibly different your belly, hips, back, and arms look between the before and now pictures? Amazing progress!

And good to see that you discovered your initial measurements! You can track them on here too-- it even generates graphs of your changes over time, which are really nice to see!
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Definetly a big difference. Keep doing what you are doing, it is working.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Weight and measurements are most accurate after awakening... This prevents the fluctuations of daily fluids from impacting your measures. The photos are definitely showing marked progress. Clothing sizes can fluctuate somewhat with regard to styles so make sure you are comparing style A to style A... I wear 32 in some pants, 34 in others and 36 in others... It depends on the cut. Some 32s (even relaxed fit) will not even think about buttoning but other brands/styles fit snug but well (better than the 34 in that style)... In time your measures should reflect the progress... You definitely are making progress... I can tell also that the way the pants are fitting in the two photos.. the first is a snug fit while the second appears looser...Best wishes on further progress.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    the bulging tummy, shrank
    the lovehandles on your side also shrank

that's job well done for 5 weeks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!