Help me! I need ideas!

Options
My boyfriend and I just recently moved in together and he has a very fast metabolism and never gains a pound. He also has a very bad sweet tooth and loves sugar and snacks. My problem is, if its in the house I know I will eat it. I need some tips on things I can do so we can have the foods he likes to eat in the apartment and so I wont be tempted to eat them. Will power is my biggest battle!!!!

Replies

• theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest problem too! I'm afraid there's no true fix for this other than little tips like eat a piece of sugar free candy or snack on veggies that people will give. Just have to be strong!!!
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Probably not the answer you were wanting to hear :( any other tips anyone?
  • jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the same way, I have found that if I keep low cal sweets around for me that it helps me make better choices, skinny cow ice cream or special K bars or anything like that. You don't feel like you are missing out on a sugary treat, but it is better for you in the end. Good luck!
  • GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    I agree that it's a good idea to keep one or two specific treats you can have as a dessert around the house. Second, ask your boyfriend to keep his desserts to just one or two things he really loves and to keep them put away where you won't have to see them all the time. Third, build a few little treats into your meal plan whether once a day or once a week so you won't be as tempted by the stuff your boyfriend eats. And if it's really a problem, ask him to not eat right in front of you--at least for a little while until you feel like you can handle it better.
  • improvnmycurves16
    improvnmycurves16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Let him have his snacks and buy healthy snacks for your self like baked chips or sugar free ice cream. I shop for him and I shop for me and it works out great for my husband and I ... well except when he eat my snacks too lol:laugh:
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If I'm really having trouble with something in the house, I ask my husband to put it away out of my sight. I at least have the willpower not to look for things I don't see.

When he's eating things that don't fit my calorie budget, I do my best to get away from him and find something else to do.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Have him buy a safe and lock his sweets in there so you cant see them. No key no temptation. If you do break down for them you wont have anyway to get them.
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I find if my husband wants dessert, I'll fix him a portion, steal one bite before I hand it off, then go occupy myself elsewhere. Sometimes that one bite is all I need.

Other times, I'll just dip into my bowl of fruit salad while he's eating his cupcake and if I'm feeling really badass, I'll add some cinnamon and granola and pretend it's pie.

If it's other bad things he's craving like nachos, I'll make them for him, and I'll have taco salad
    For pizza nights, I'll do individual pitas and make mine with lighter ingredients (pesto instead of sauce, and a very small amount of soy "cheese")
  • sammer825
    sammer825 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I went shopping today and I bought those 100 calorie snacks so hopefully when I am craving something I can eat one of those. I am going to try to ask him to hide it so i am not tempted to eat it. Out of sight out of mind right? I have a problem with if I eat one small bite, before I know it, its turned in to 10 small bites then the whole bag! its so frustrating but I appreciate all great ideas!:happy: