The Big Bad Gym Bully! - Part 2 ~

Options
Orginal Post (Part 1) @ http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1205923-the-big-bad-gym-bully?

Quick Recap…
A new year resolution lady who I call “ipad mini” (because she carries her ipad mini around with her) forgot to rack her weights AGAIN and I called her out on it by saying (kinda loud but not yelling) RACK’EM! She snitched on me to management and claimed that I was the “Gym Bully”

Since our “encounter”...

There’s running joke with some of the “Bro’s” of them saying “Rack’em” after they finish a set. As for “ipad mini” I’ve just tried to avoid being anywhere around her which is kinda hard since It seems like she knows exactly when i’m working out and shows up at the same time.

Anyway, this past Monday she started towards the chest press machine and wouldn't you know it someone didn’t rack their weights. As soon as she saw that there was (2) 45’s on each side, her shoulder dropped and she let out an exhausted sigh, then proceed to struggle taking off the 45’s.

I admit that I enjoyed how karma had showed up to slap her in the face. But then as I watch her struggle to remove just get one of the plates half way off, I jumped up and went over to help her.

She was more than shocked to see “ME” (the so called Gym Bully she snitched on) helping her. The only thing I said was “it sucks when people don’t rack their weight don’t it?” she replied “yeah especially when it’s soo much” I really wanted to explain to her that the amount of weight didn’t matter but I just finished racking the weight. She thanked me and I went back to working out.

We ran into each other again in the parking lot and had a little talk, she told me about the semi rare female bone condition she has, where she’s from and a bunch of other stuff. So I guess we kinda buried the hatchet. But, I don’t know how long our little truce will last when I show up in my “RACK’EM” tee-shirt. She’ll probably snitch on me again, oh well.

Replies

• aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    That was really sweet of you, well done for rising above the initial unpleasantness and stepping up to help her.... She probably felt a bit stupid struggling to lift the weights off, so when you (the former gym bully, of all people) came to her rescue, she was not only grateful, but surprised that you would help her.

Well done, I'm really proud of you xXx
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    That was really sweet of you, well done for rising above the initial unpleasantness and stepping up to help her.... She probably felt a bit stupid struggling to lift the weights off, so when you (the former gym bully, of all people) came to her rescue, she was not only grateful, but surprised that you would help her.

Well done, I'm really proud of you xXx

+1 :drinker:
  • cinnamon0033
    cinnamon0033 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You know I think it was great what you did. You could have watched her struggle with the weights but you chose not to. That says a lot about your character. I truly believe that everyone should treat each other as they would like to be treated. When someone offends us it is often hard to rise above the occasion as you did. I am proud of you and so glad that I found you as a partner in this journey. This is the exact reason I chose you. You call it as you see it and do it with class. Way to go.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    She wants you. In the biblical way.
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good man! And now I know a little gym etiquette for when I begin weight training in earnest.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Invite us to the wedding:wink:
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Lol, I had a similar situation at a gym. There were three empty squat racks, I walked up to one of them and started loading the bar with weights. A woman came over and told me that she was using that squat rack and I needed to move to one of the other ones. I thought this was pretty ridiculous considering that all three of the squat racks were identical and no one was using any of them, but I didn't want to start a fight with a woman who was clearly unreasonable so I just unloaded the bar and went to the next one. This lady then proceeded to lay down on the ground in the middle of the squat rack and do sit ups! WTF! That's worse than doing curls in the squat rack! I said, "Did you seriously just ask me to unload a bar and move so you could lay on the ground and do situps?! What the hell is wrong with you? You could have used any of them." She got her panties in a wad and said that this was the only place that had a mirror. Seriously.... a mirror... because she needed to admire herself after every rep. Then she went and reported me to the manager. While she was talking to the manager I could see her crying and turning it into a huge sob story where I was this big bad monster who came to pick on her. Such a sad little victim. It was pretty pathetic. Now I train in my garage and don't have to worry about that kind of BS.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Lol, I had a similar situation at a gym. There were three empty squat racks, I walked up to one of them and started loading the bar with weights. A woman came over and told me that she was using that squat rack and I needed to move to one of the other ones. I thought this was pretty ridiculous considering that all three of the squat racks were identical and no one was using any of them, but I didn't want to start a fight with a woman who was clearly unreasonable so I just unloaded the bar and went to the next one. This lady then proceeded to lay down on the ground in the middle of the squat rack and do sit ups! WTF! That's worse than doing curls in the squat rack! I said, "Did you seriously just ask me to unload a bar and move so you could lay on the ground and do situps?! What the hell is wrong with you? You could have used any of them." She got her panties in a wad and said that this was the only place that had a mirror. Seriously.... a mirror... because she needed to admire herself after every rep. Then she went and reported me to the manager. While she was talking to the manager I could see her crying and turning it into a huge sob story where I was this big bad monster who came to pick on her. Such a sad little victim. It was pretty pathetic. Now I train in my garage and don't have to worry about that kind of BS.

:huh: :noway: