Lawn mowing

Options
Ok so sometimes I'm not the brightest bulb...I decided about an hour and a half ago that our lawn was in dire need of a mow. My husband hasn't had time to do it and since I don't have any daycare babies today I thought to myself..."self, go mow the lawn before you leave for the weekend." But then I thought...what should I do with my son???? First I thought about putting him in his stroller, but I knew that would only last approximately 11 seconds. So then I heard the hiking backpack (which is just sitting in the closet) saying "pick me, pick me!!!" Long story short, I did pick "him" and holy hell...23 pounds of kid + 7 pounds of backpack = does someone out there have time to come watch my son while I die??? Dear God and baby Jesus make it stop!!!!!

Replies

• chubbymexicanswife
    Options
    Ok so sometimes I'm not the brightest bulb...I decided about an hour and a half ago that our lawn was in dire need of a mow. My husband hasn't had time to do it and since I don't have any daycare babies today I thought to myself..."self, go mow the lawn before you leave for the weekend." But then I thought...what should I do with my son???? First I thought about putting him in his stroller, but I knew that would only last approximately 11 seconds. So then I heard the hiking backpack (which is just sitting in the closet) saying "pick me, pick me!!!" Long story short, I did pick "him" and holy hell...23 pounds of kid + 7 pounds of backpack = does someone out there have time to come watch my son while I die??? Dear God and baby Jesus make it stop!!!!!
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Okay that is funny! I wish I had a lawn to mow, that is good exercise.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I wish I could make font larger and in bold.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE HYDRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Mowing the yard at this time of day (it's 1230p, EST) in this type of weather (we're having a 'cold snap' in NC and it's only in the mid-80s today) is a lot of work, ESPECIALLY with a kid on your back!

Did he love it?
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    You all wanna come cut mine.....it is so very very huge......takes a few hours...LOL!
  • chubbymexicanswife
    Options
    He fell asleep about 15-20 minutes in, but yes, he loves that backpack!!! He's so darn cute!!! I drank and am still drinking plenty of water...thanks for all the good advice! I've gotta say though, the neighbors were probably cracking up!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    IT IS AMAZING HOW SOMEONE CAN COME UP WITH GREAT IDEAS!! :wink:

IT MAY HAVE BEEN HARD ON YOUR BACK BUT, THE LAWN MOWED AND YOUR CHILD PROBABLY ENJOYED BEING OUTSIDE WITH YOU.

WHEN I MOWED, I PUT MY BABY PLAYPEN UNDER OUR TREE AND THEY WATCHED ME MOW WHILE PLAYING WITH THEIR TOYS.

IF THERE IS NO SHADE, JUST AN CHEAP PATIO UMBRELLA AND SIT IT UP TO SHADE THE CHILD. WHAT YOU DID WAS GREAT EXERCISE!:flowerforyou:

JOY
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    Well look at it this way, You got your work out for the day and you burned ALOT of calories. And did youer strenghth traing.

Good Girl!!!!! it is over now go and relax as long as you can :bigsmile: