Looking for Other Pregnant Moms!

Options
synapse0782
synapse0782 Posts: 25 Member
Hi All,

I've been on MFP since January, with the goal of losing baby weight from #1. Well here I am pregnant with #2 (5 weeks along) so that is going out the window for now. I made the mistake the first time around of eating a very unhealthy diet which resulted in me gaining far too much weight while pregnant. Incidentally it also resulted in a very uncomfortable pregnancy. I want to take a different approach this time and would love some friends for the journey. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• curlygalore
    Options
    We're already friends but I wanted to say "congratulations"!! I thought I would share my experience with you since my daughter just turned 4 months old. I was on a rigorous diet and exercise program before I got pregnant with her. I had dropped 40 lbs. and got back to my high school weight! I continued my exercise program until the 2nd trimester and the only reason I couldn't keep up was because of my stupid bladder (if I didn't stop and pee every 5 minutes I would've peed my pants). Once the morning sickness subsided I managed to continue making healthy food choices. Of course, I splurged on occasion "for the baby". :smile: I gained 30 lbs. during my pregnancy, had a healthy 7 lb. 12 oz. baby, and all but about 5 lbs. came off in the first 2 weeks. In addition, I had a quick labor and managed it without pain meds, all of which I contributed to staying in shape. I think it's great that you are going into your pregnancy having already started your diet and exercise program with the successes you've had. It will certainly benefit you over the next 8-9 months and you'll find that staying with the program (that's fit for pregnancy and doctor approved, of course) will make a big difference this time around. At my 6 week post partum checkup I was given the clearance to exercise again and picked up where I left off. Again, CONGRATULATIONS, and I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months!!
  • synapse0782
    synapse0782 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm super excited to "do it right" this time around!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm not pregrant, just wanted to say Congrats :)
  • Megh757
    Megh757 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Due oct 21, would love some other expectant moms as mfpals
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm expecting in November and am planning on keeping up with my current lifting routine. Feel free to add me :)
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm due at the end of September and also need some MFP pregnant women to encourage and be encouraged by! I really want to have a healthy, happy pregnancy :)
  • Buckychick4ever
    Buckychick4ever Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, congratulations!!!
    I am due October 5 with my first (and almost definitely my only...I turn 42 in April). I haven't done great during my first trimester diet or exercise wise so I'm trying to right the ship as much as possible and still be healthy. Please feel free to add me and I look forward to hearing about each and every journey!
  • aimladuke
    aimladuke Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I am not pregnant yet, but am hoping to be very soon. I know that you shouldn't restrict calories while pregnant, but I still plan on counting when I do become pregnant. Just curious if your MD gave you any guidlines regarding a calorie goal to shoot for. I would be interested to know.
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm due mid December and would love to have more pregnancy friends.