flat feet...running shoe recommendations?

Options
I have started the C25K program and am having so much trouble w/ my feet. They are really flat and I am finding my sneakers just aren't providing enough support. Any recommendations for great running shoes and/or amazing insoles for extra support?

Replies

• dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend going to a specialty store and getting fitted for running shoes. It'll make a huge difference.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Go to a running shop and get fitted.
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    if you have a benefit plan I would get fitted for inserts through a foot doctor. usually your doctor can recommend you.
    this will give you the best fit for your feet and whole body
  • captainheadkick
    captainheadkick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This might sound crazy, but buy a set of Vibram Five Fingers or other "barefoot" running shoe. You'll need to really start slow and change your running style to forefoot striking, but the benefits are huge.

I used to suffer from plantar fasciitis, bad shin splints, and knee pain. I switched to barefoots and started slow.....it was hard and uncomfortable at first, but I know have no more PF and don't wear orthotics anymore, haven't had shin splints, and no more knee pain.

I don't know if they'll be the thing for you, but they sure as heck worked for me. I have a flat footed friend that swears by them as well, which is what made me want t post this.

Good luck.