Tummy Pouch

Options
OK so I am probably going to get a TON of crap for this post but I need opinions. I have spent the past 6 months working my butt off and I am so happy about where I am. However, 2 babies and 6 pregnancies my belly is just a bowl of jello. I do abs everyday, I work hard to do cardio, but the belly just won't budge. It is a ton of skin. I can fold it over. GROSS!
Anyways, I have tried lotions and creams and scrubs but nothing.
I cannot rationalize a tummy tuck...I have kids who want to go to disney and college and we have mortgages and bills. BUT I am worries about this belly. I want it to be gone.
So I am going to a plastic surgeon about a new "freezing" therapy that helps break down belly fat. I know it won't get rid of the skin, but if it gets rid of the pooch I would be so happy.
I also heard about Abdominal Cuts. I know I know, pills don't do anything, but do you think it could work with all the exercise I am doing?
Can you give me any advice? THANKS!

Replies

• melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    As a mom myself I feel your pain. The skin will only go away with a tummy tuck. So while there might be a "quick fix" for the underling fat you'll just end up with more loose skin over that non-existent fat.

You can't decide where your body loses the weight but if you keep working out and working towards your goal the weight on the belly will come off (just usually last which stinks if you ask me).

I know I have a tummy tuck in my future and I do plan on it eventually (maintain my goal weight for 4 years before that first!!)
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I read an article about that freezing thing before. It sounds like it's perfect for tummy pooches, although it sounded painful!! I haven't had kids yet and even when I was at my very very skinniest (too skinny) I still had a grab-able tummy pooch! I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with the freezing, if you do it!
  • BeGreat25
    Options
    Aw I feel your pain too! I wish you the best of luck. Also I know I'm of no help but I too struggle with this. It stinks cause it's like the last thing (loose skin around the mid section) you wish was gone first but it seems it takes forever to get rid of. I think if you're very sure of it then go for it. You deserve it to look as good as you feel and if it makes you feel happier. I'm starting to feel too that I might need to seek a doctor for a procedure.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    As a mom myself I feel your pain. The skin will only go away with a tummy tuck. So while there might be a "quick fix" for the underling fat you'll just end up with more loose skin over that non-existent fat.

You can't decide where your body loses the weight but if you keep working out and working towards your goal the weight on the belly will come off (just usually last which stinks if you ask me).

I know I have a tummy tuck in my future and I do plan on it eventually (maintain my goal weight for 4 years before that first!!)

A few years ago I asked my trainer at the gym how to get rid of this. He said that the only way I was going to get rid of that was surgery. I have gained some since then but I still have the extra skin flapping around. Let us know how it all works out.
  • drbean
    Options
    I, too, had the pooch after 2 c-sections. Lived with it for 20 yrs, believe it or not! Despite dieting, it would not go away. I finally saw a plastic surgeon over the summer....BEST thing I ever did. I had liposuction just on the pooch. It was an office visit with only local anesthesia and a valium (glad I waited, "modern medicine" improved the whole lipo process). And yes, the skin is tightening up now, so I did NOT need a tummy tuck. I absolutely was not going to have any procedure that needed general anesthesia as I have had probs with it in the past. This was a local, as I said. Cost was reasonable in my opinion (3k for the pooch) and dr did a great job. Wish I had the before and after photos for you. Even the Dr. was impressed with his work! Good luck
  • mrscsimpson
    Options
    I really hope you wouldn't get flamed for posting this - I think it's entirely reasonable. I am what most people call skinny, but I have exactly the same thing and it makes me miserable. I feel like my stomach is completely out of proportion to the rest of me. I've had three children, but it's not skin - it's definitely fat. But even doing cardio 5 times a week, I am just not able to lose any more weight. I am going to go and see someone in the NY about lipo, I have never heard of this freezing thing - but I will ask when I am there. I feel like I have given this a really good shot and it's just not going to happen for me.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    First off, great job with the working out routine. Keep it up and don't quit! You're body is getting a ton of benefits from it. As for the "pooch", I'm sorry to say, but it will need a tummy tuck. After having 5 babies and losing 44 pounds, I can assure you that surgery is the ONLY thing that will get rid of the loose and access skin. I just got quoted a price a few months ago, $8,000!!!!

Like most of us, I too can not afford it. The worst is the 44DD's that have shrunken down to 34B's. I don't know what looks worse, the loose skin on my belly that hangs down to my thighs or the 2 squash that hang from my chest!!! The whole procedure would cost $15,000.00!!!

The truth is.......we all want to look good. Fortunately, we all walk around in clothes and I must say, losing the weight I look pretty damn good is clothes now. So who cares what we look like naked! 99% of people see us in our clothes. And that 1% that does see us naked is ourselves and maybe someone that we love and loves us back unconditionaly (with exception to our OBGYN's). So keep doing what your doing and don't worry about the pooch, or flap, or fold of skin.....it's all hidden in clothes! :flowerforyou:
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE for all your support and I feel so happy that you guys didn't slam me!

I think this freezing thing is fairly new. I am going for a free consult on the 22nd I have heard it is only 700 - 1500 dollars!

I will keep you all posted and thanks again for all your support...I am glad I am not alone on this!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering about the laser process they use under chins to tighten skin. Maybe that works on loose skin elsewhere-like the belly. And I also feel your pain. Still living with the c-section pooch after many many years.
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    As long as you know that you are beautiful whether or not you have a flat tummy - then go for it! I will never have a flat tummy, and I've only had 2 kids! We used to think women like Marilyn Monroe were sexy with all her curves. Remeber she was a size 12! I'm built to be curvy like a Marilyn, and even if my pooch is bigger and looser than I would like, we are probably also our own worst critics! I'm sure you look fabulous! Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same place as you, I've worked hard lost the excess fat and now I'm left with this horrible skin! I read about the freezing treatment a little while ago, it sounded really good. Please let us know how you get on with it. The only thing that has helped me slightly is the 30 day shred. I'm on day 21 today and while I've not lost any weight (I'm maintaining rther than trying to loose now) nor any inches off my waist or hips I have lost an inch off my pooch. My belly button measurement is down to 35 and that inch has made a big difference to the way my clothes fit.