Smoothies

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
Ok, so I know there are posts on here for this topic, but I am just looking for recipe ideas for smoothies particularly in the morning. I don't need any protein powder or stuff like that. I just want something that is healthy but yummy. I bought a bag of mixed frozen fruit from Costco awhile ago and have yet to use it. Would love to incorporate that into them as well. Thanks in advance! :happy: :tongue:

Replies

• marcksh
    marcksh Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't follow anything specific. A banana, plain/vanilla yogurt, frozen fruit, small amount of juice. Mix it in magic bullet.
    Just change up the fruit (mixed berries, blueberry, mixed tropical - pineapple, mango etc., and/or yogurt.)
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do 4 cups kale or spinach, one cup frozen fruit or one banana, and then two cups unsweetened almond milk, cold water to fill the rest. If I'm doing a banana green smoothie, I add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder. If I want to add some protein I add half a cup of Greek yogurt.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Just had...
    2 cups almond milk
    1 ruby red grapefruit
    1 banana
    1 cup rainbow chard
    1 cup ice
  • melissataylor02010
    melissataylor02010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 cup oatmeal 2 tablespoons natural peanutbutter and a medium banana all blended up with a light millk or water
  • adrake611
    adrake611 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually do 1 cup of strawberries, 1 medium banana, and 1 cup of 1% chocolate milk. It's about 300 calories.

ETA: The strawberries are frozen. If you use fresh, add ice.
  • janeybabe2610
    janeybabe2610 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make one every other day for breakfast so I don't get bored I normally have 1 apple 1 banana 1 carrot then put either kale, celery pineapple, kiwi anything really, I used to use milk but since I found theres sugar in that too so ive changed to water and surprisingly is not that bad and actually tastes healthier. I try to mix fruit with veg as im not a big eater of them so its great to have them like this but you need to keep an eye on the sugars in them as I was so surprised when I first calculated them on here my sugar intake was nearly triple what im supposed to have.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 cup oatmeal 2 tablespoons natural peanutbutter and a medium banana all blended up with a light millk or water

That sounds really good...
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I do a cup of ice, cup of milk, tbsp of cocoa powder, 2 tbsp of chunky peanut butter, and 2-3 tbsp of sugar. I always do that at night though to get my chocolate fix :). But it's delicious, like a chocolate/peanut butter milkshake if you blend it enough.
  • bnsnwldwmn
    Options
    I make it up based on what I've got in the house, and I don't measure anything. Also, I use a small personal blender, so it just takes a handful of most of the ingredients. Lately I've been mixing:

1 banana
    small handful frozen mango, sliced peaches, and mixed berries
    handful of baby spinach
    splash of almond milk

I've even had a smoothie with cottage cheese in it, which sounds really strange, but actually turned out pretty good.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie is:

5 ice cubes
    1 cup pumpkin puree
    1 large banana
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 cup almond milk

It makes two fairly large servings, so you could cut in in half if you just want one glass.

Edit: I drink it for it's lovely fiber content. It's definitely filling.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I start with a banana or two,

Then i add coconut water, enough to cover the blades at the bottom of the blender. Add some other fruit, like frozen mango chunks or frozen strawberries. You could add spinach if your blender is good.

Sometimes some chia seeds.

There is no main recipe, i just use what i have around at the time.
  • sammer825
    sammer825 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    this is going to sound very strange but i put egg whites in my smoothies. it makes it sort of frothy and you cant even taste them
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! These sound awesome!