INSANITY HOME WORKOUT PROGRAM

Options
Hi all,

Is there anyone out there that has embarked on the Insanity 60 day workout program. Would love to share with progress with someone.

Tips, motivation and advice really welcome. :o)

Replies

• paitiencenelson
    Options
    hello! I just got insanity in the mail yesterday I did my fitness test and im not going to lie it was rough and sort of upsetting knowing how out of shape I am! but that gave me motivation for today which was even harder I sweat like I never have before and my heart was racing I took a few breaks but I felt great after knowing I did the best I could and pushed through as best as I could! only a few hours since and im feeling it already in my muscles but it feels awesome!
  • Mollycat001
    Options
    Fantastic - well done.

I am doing my first class tonight after work, I'll let you know how I get on.

:o)
  • fitandGLAM
    Options
    I am on week 6 (month 2 week 2) of insanity and I'm loving it!! Seeing more inches lost than lbs; but I'm noticing a huge difference already! I plan on doing another round upon completion!

Advice- don't freak out about the scale.. It's possible you will gain "newbie muscle". Take measurements and progress pics weekly! Drink tons of water and make sure you're eating enough; as you will be burning a lot of calories, especially in month 2. Don't get discouraged if you have to take breaks, you WILL get stronger and be able to push yourself harder week by week.

GOOD LUCK!! Stick it out and press play ! You will be in a great mood when it's over- and you will see results wih out a doubt!
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm lily.. :) i have insanity as well.. I have tried it a few times but never seem to get through the workouts but i have done maybe a week or 2 and have lost maybe 10 pounds every time. I would like to stick with it and keep doing it. sometimes i get bored and shaun t gets annoying hearing him all the time hahaha. but yes i would like to start doing it again hopefully with some support i know that if i do it with someone that it will keep me accountable. Lets do this together guys! I would like to get the entire program however i never seem to be able to . but i have had sucess with it. :) My main goal is to lose more weight of course, and tone if possible. as well as become more healthy, I have anemia so iron definecy is an issue. which is also why i wanna do this because it will help me get more energy throughout the day.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • Mollycat001
    Options
    Thanks guys for all of your responses.

I've completed the first workout and loved it - I am pooped though, it was tough.

TeaBea - thanks for the link I've just joined the Insanity group...

Paitiencenels: Let me know how you get on tomorrow, I know I am going to ache.

Lilly23 - Join us, we are only on day 3 tomorrow so we can motivate each other.

FitandGlam - well done - must feel great to have come so far :o)
  • mayaysf
    mayaysf Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm on Month 2 week 4 (starting today), omg and I'm loving/hating it so much. I haven't lost any pounds, I guess because I'm not following the diet, who knows... but my body has CHANGED a lot. I've lost a lot of body fat and inches, I haven't measured them but I can see and so can everybody else.
    Month 1 first week, I thought I'd never feel my legs again, half way thru the first fitness test workout, I was TIRED and but the end of the fitness test, I had to drag myself thru the floor, to stop the video, that's how exhausted I was lol. By week 4 I was KILLING them workouts! and SMILING COZ IM LOVING IT ...
    Recovery week, I hated it, I felt weak and wasting my time but I did it anyways
    Month 2, KILLER month, it's the biggest struggle mentally and physically, but I did it, last week starts today, YAY!
    My advice, take your pictures, they speak millions... take your measures, you will see those inches shrinking like never before. Drink lots of water throughout the day, eat clean and get your proteins. Month 2 I started taking pre-workout formulas, lifesavers, I don't think I would have finished on my own.
    Just take it one day at a time, know your limits, take your breaks but don't pause the video. work through soreness but careful about injuries. follow the 2 days rule, never spend 2 days without working out.
    Feel free to add me any time for motivation
  • tulljackie
    tulljackie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I just started my insanity program 2 days ago. I am on Month 1 Day 3 Cardio Power and Resistance. I really struggle with completing the insanity program. I have started the program numerous times but never actually finished. The farthest I have gotten was to Month 2 Week 2 and then for some reason or another I missed a workout and could never get back in it. This time I am really committed to getting fit.
    I wouldn't say I am sticking to the nutrition plan because I am a pretty picky eater but I am definitely logging my calories and making sure I am eating healthy. I do think I lacked energy the last few times because I wasn't eating enough good calories so I am really trying to watch that.
    I have never been on the message boards before either so I am trying that out so that hopefully we can motivate each other and this time I want to finish! I'll keep you guys up to date but right now I gotta go push play!
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I just started month 2 and its crazy. I'm losing lbs and inches fairly quickly. Its extremely hard. You wont get it perfect but you just stick with it, you'll notice results.
  • Sammole01
    Sammole01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, very new to myfitnesspal but I have just started month 2 of Insanity. Would love to catch up with people and share progress. I completely forgot to take measurements at the start so I cant comment there but I can say that I haven't lost any weight :(

Month 2 seems so much harder then month 1. Almost disheartening to think that your not ready.

Feel free to add me to share motivation :)
  • Abbie_T
    Abbie_T Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm in week 2 of insanity after shedding a load of weight through dieting, working towards blowing my old fitness test scores out of the water is really keeping me motivated.

Haven't lost any weight, but really noticing my body firming up, especially my abs! Also my muscle recovery is so much better (i.e I can actually walk the next day).

Makes me want to speed up time I can't wait to see the results!