Post Pregnancy Weight Loss - Need motivation

Options
Hello,
I am looking for a weight loss buddy for my post pregnancy weight loss. I am looking to lose 50lbs and I am still breast feeding.

Thanks!

Replies

• parkerashleydawn
    Options
    I hear ya. I've lost 30 so far and really want to loose 35-40 more. It's very hard. I'm breastfeeding as well. I'm working out but the balance is hard. Have you lost weight so far? Congrats on the baby. Sawyer is now 3 mths old. I had a C-section so that slowed the process down a bit.

What all are you doing to loose weight?
  • LoriLL79
    LoriLL79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    30 pounds! WTG. That's awesome.

Like the rest of you I am looking to loose at least 50 pounds after having a c-section three months ago. Alexis is finally EBF and I'm working hard to figure this weight loss without lowering my supply thing out. Any tips or just support would be great.
  • iheartdance
    iheartdance Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a baby in Aug, not breastfeeding. Im 7 pounds away from my prepregnancy weight but still 50 pounds overweight, but i have also added weightlifting into my workout because im over 30 (when you start losing muscle mass) so as im building muscle my weight hasnt changed but i can see the difference in my clothes. What do your workouts look like?
    So things i learned from my first pregnancy (hope this helps!)
    while youre breastfeeding you need about 500 more calories than normal, (breastfeeding burns calories too!!)
    you need to do 250 minutes of cardio a week for weightloss.
    A great workout video is Mama Wants her Body Back, they cover random muscles that you didnt know would stop working after a baby, its low impact so if your milk lets down while youre working out its not super painful (im in the military and have to run 1 1/2 miles, let downs were super painful while running) I woud suggest getting so ankle/wrist weights as you go on.
  • sinana
    sinana Posts: 2
    Options
    @parkerashleyd : 30 lbs!! Thats awesome! Congrats on your bundle of joy! I have a 3 month old too and I know its hard to find time to work out. So far , I have lost 20lbs post pregnancy but that is baby weight,water weight etc etc and few lbs on diet. I enrolled into a fitness class last week but have not had an opportunity to work out :smile:

I am starting a diet log book from today as I have noticed that my eating habits have become erratic with the baby. I eat every time I get stressed and hoping to work out 3 times a day. Is there a group that we can all use for accountability and check-in?

@lorilynlam : Great job on EBF and congratulations! I am exclusively pumping as my baby had issues latching. To maintain my milk supply I am drinking mothers tea, eating oatmeal, fenugreek and dill.

@iheartdance: Congratulations and thanks for the work out suggestion. I will definitely check it out.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm looking to lose about 17 kilos after having two babies back to back.

I'm just barely still BFing- trying to get rid of that last 4 am feeding (so tiring).

I'll be your weight loss buddy.
    Hey- just a question...do you have lower back pain ? I reckon mine is from the pregnancies pulling on my lower back...not sure though.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 months postpartum, and I've lost 25 pounds (more like 45 if you count what I lost before I home from the hospital). Still have 14 to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight. About 35 to go to get to ultimate goal weight. Feel free to add me :)
  • td_butler18
    Options
    Mother of two trying to lose a few lbs. looking for some motivating woman to help with keeping me on track…feel free to add me :)
  • alexandria921
    Options
    I'm almost 10 mths pp and I've just been fluctuating the whole time. Pre-pregnancy I was 142 lbs and I barely looked pregnant till the very end. My weight right before delivery was 177 lbs. Since then I've been fluctuating between about 160 and 170. I exclusively breastfed the 1st 5 mths and supplemented with formula for a month but I never stopped pumping and nursing. I feel like I look more pregnant now than I did when I was pregnant. I'm tired of feeling so discouraged. Keeping a workout routine has been difficult for many reasons (single mom with no family or friend support, living in extremely cold weather, then I was working for 3 months). but I've tried and eating right goes out the door when I crave everything that is so wrong. I'm committed this time but just the fact that I barely lost any weight after giving birth and breastfeeding did nothing for weight loss makes me feel so discouraged. I'm hoping I can find some tips and words of encouragement to keep me motivated.
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 3 years ago and I'm still working on the pregnancy/post-baby PPD weight, hahaha! Feel free to add me :)
  • daniflems
    daniflems Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am about 2 weeks shy of being a year PP and since November I have lost close to 30 pounds. I didn't even attempt to lose weight by reducing my calorie intake until my daughter was 8 months old however. I was too afraid of it affecting my milk supply. Once she was doing really well with solids it didn't worry me as much anymore and I got down to business! I am now a few pounds below pre-pragncy weight and wanting to lose that last stubborn 10!! Feel free to add me up!! :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    My littlest is 10 months. I've lost 54 lbs since my 6 week postpartum check up. You can do it!
  • fitmomforu
    fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    6 month PP and had a c section this time around and then another surgery weeks later. Finding it harder after baby 2 and with c section. Not giving up! Lifting weight and a bit of cardio:)

Feel free to add me moms- got to stick together and it's always nice to show support and ideas!
  • staciva
    staciva Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the 30 pounds lost! I'm 7 months PP from my 3rd baby. I BF for 4 months (lost my milk when I went back to work) and during that time I lost about 25 pounds (only gained 32 during pregnancy). However, I kept eating like I was still BF'ing so, I put12 back on. :( I started P90X3 yesterday, but my diet still needs work. Feel free to add me - and keep up the good work!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You are way ahead of the game. I didn't even exercise until my son (baby #2) was 18 months old. You can do it.
  • cnhamilton12
    cnhamilton12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 25 and had my 2nd daughter five months ago. I had a c-section so I have the dreaded "pouch" that needs to get outta here! ( along with my thighs and muffin top :smile: ) plus I just need to feel better about myself and be able to keep up with them. Add me if you'd like!
  • Saphira291
    Saphira291 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm also a breastfeeding mama here. My little one is 7 months now and so far all I've done is gain more weight.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I am 3 weeks post-partum and have lost a little over 21 pounds. This is baby #9 for me. I run a challenge group every month if anyone is interested. I am BFing. So far doing yoga, walking, and light cardio. Hoping to be cleared for full workouts this week.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    My LO is going to be 11 months in the end of March overall I lost 28 lbs I'm a little under my Pre pregnancy weight but have 15-20 lbs more to drop to reach gw I did do insanity last sept ended dec then in feb I stopped logging and ate badly luckily I just maintained but now I'm going at it again hopefully I can drop something I am doing t25 now it's only 25 minutes a day so my too time consuming
  • Loriwebs
    Loriwebs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks post baby/c-section. I'm looking to lose 50-60 pounds. It's hard trying to ease into workouts after recovering from a c-section!
  • trinibabe069
    trinibabe069 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had my baby girl 3 months ago and I just started my diet and exercising to lose the baby weight. I have a total of 45 lbs to lose. I'm 11 lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight and 30 lbs away from where I would like to be when I got married 3 yrs. ago. Add me if you need a friend. We can keep each other motivated.

I started my diet on March 10th, and my exercise routine of doing the Jillian Micheals 30DS and the shred it with weight, and also walk on the tread mill for about 20 mins. a day ( about 1 mile). I have to build back up my energy level to do more. So far I don't think that I've lost the any weight but I do feel better when I workout.