What's your favorite exercise/fitness routine?

Options
I believe that everyone should find something they enjoy doing in order to keep active once their weight is lost/gained. I really enjoy running and have found it very fulfilling. What is your favorite exercise or fitness routine?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    deadlifts

and pull ups.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Picking things up and putting them down.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    deadlifts

and pull ups.

QFT :love:
  • akarras823
    Options
    I start with cardio. Lately I've been doing the elliptical machine on an interval program. Then I lift weights. I use the machines at the gym and alternate upper and lower body. On Saturdays, when I have extra time, I go back and do another half hour of cardio, but something different like the recumbent bike or the rowing machine. I try to do yoga once or twice a week for variety and to keep my head together.
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Taekwondo. Doesn't feel like a workout, but at the end of class, I'm drenched in sweat. Plus, you get the reward of progressing through the belt levels, which is a great motivator.
  • crimsonandclovers
    Options
    elliptical & stationary bike. i hate outside exercising, its killer on my lungs so indoor cardio is my friend! i've yet to try weight exercises so no clue about that side of things. i'm just getting back into things but i'm thinking of coming up with an interval programme to go by.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    P90X3 is a nice routine. I'll be done with their program in 12 days. I've lost about 16.5 pounds so far with it.

Nothing beats a StrongLifts 5x5 workout though. I love the feeling of squatting, benching & deadlifting.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    deadlifts

and pull ups.

QFT :love:

it's the little things in life ;)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    See: profile picture.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hiking. No contest.

I do many other activities and workouts, but none can compare to hiking for pure enjoyment.
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing!
  • Gia6280
    Gia6280 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing. I love it. It's an intense workout and such a good stress relief. The class is fun and high energy and I need something like that to keep me going.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I just lurrrvvv calisthenics. No equipment needed and done anywhere. Cardio and muscle burn.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I need variety or I get super bored. I like to lift so get that in 2 times a week minimum. I also go to bootcamp classes which I LOVE and never thought I would. I used to be a competitive swimmer so I still enjoy swimming laps when I can. When the weather is nice hiking with my dog.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Crossfit bootcamp!! Its like a mobile version of crossfit, so we dont use all the equipment that is typically used for it!! I love to hate it :)
  • rosepetal325
    rosepetal325 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love to walk. Of course it's better/easier if I have a person, or my dog, with me.

Would really like to try zumba, yoga, & bellydancing though. :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Running
    Biking
    Lifting

Drinking wine. Wait.. does that count? :drinker:
  • rinnylin
    rinnylin Posts: 5
    Options
    Walking with my dogs. We all benefit from it.