The most depressing part about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I started this journey at a 34GG, lost a little and was down to a G, dig through the bra drawer looking for smaller sizes, made a few 34F bras work on the loosest hook, and today I'm wearing a 32H. I've given up trying to make sense of it. I'm just going to put on whatever fits until I'm at goal and then buy some new ones.
  • AlyssasDiet
    AlyssasDiet Posts: 120
    Options
    Don't be too annoyed. Big saggy tits are not nearly as attractive as smaller, perkier breasts.

:huh: Well then...thank god that there's more to women than their tits, otherwise someone might actually give a damn about what some random pervert finds attractive.

Right? Different things are attractive to different people. It's just rude to objectify body parts like that!

I'd love to send him to the Burning Man boob parade. He'll learn that there is a lot more than just "big saggy" and "smaller perkier" boobs. They come in ALL KINDS of shapes and sizes, and there enough types of people in the world for every kind of boobs to be considered attractive.

Even beyond that, there are things way more important to looks, like personality, ambitions, values, compatibility with the other person. I wasn't my husbands type, he originally preferred really small boobs, and he wasn't my type either, I preferred big burly type guys and he's really skinny. But! We care about more than just looks!

Women don't have to be so preoccupied with attracting men, 50% of marriages end in divorce and I think that a big reason for that is because people don't get to know each other well enough before getting married. So what if you're boobs get tiny, or stay huge. If you're choosing a mate based on his preference in breast size, you're doing it wrong. And if all you currently care about is attracting men to just have fun with, trust me, they won't turn you down based on bra size.

Edit: Except for the guy who posted that BS, but something tells me he doesn't get a lot of options to turn girls down.
  • vedalewis
    vedalewis Posts: 37
    Options
    Your not alone. I went from a 44DD to a 40D.... :)
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Well, interesting I just had a 'professional' bra fitting this past weekend. (I am down almost 58 pounds :wink: )

I went from a 44 band to a 38" band (YIPEEE!!!)

But I went from a "C" cup to a "D" cup (or perhaps I was not wearing the correct size to begin with).

Best thing I've done for myself (clothing wise) in a very, VERY long time!
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 34 pounds and have gone from an almost B to a negative A....why oh why do my boobs have to be the first to go :sad:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My cup size didn't change at all, still a DD; I just went from a 40 band to a 34.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest, I wore (I think) a 44D because it sort of went around me and I was paranoid about being measured or looked at so I grabbed it, paid for it, and left.

Now that I've lost weight and gotten properly fitted, my boobs are significantly smaller and I'm a 36DDD. No, the keyboard didn't stutter -- I meant to put 3 Ds there.

So I guess what I'm saying is, as your fat goes away, your boobs go away, but I feel that those of us with a surplus should share. (Because maybe if I were a B cup, i could wear buttondown shirts like I haven't been able to since I was eleven.)
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't changed at all.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I seem to lose fat proportionally. My cup size hasn't changed at all, even though I've lost 4 inches off my bust and underbust.
  • Catalina1957
    Options
    I will not mind losing some of my boobs. They are just too matronly at this point and there are styles of clothing I won't even wear because they just don't look right on a 44D. I am actually looking forward to them going down a bit.
  • Kimmers411
    Kimmers411 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    At my highest weight I was a 42DD (243 pounds pre-2008). In 2011 got down to 160 (healthy weight range) and wore a 38C. Now I am 220 and in a 40D, but I figure when I get back down to my healthy range again it will be back to 38C, which I think is a great size for me. Even though hubby complains (only a little) as they get smaller, I prefer the smaller size- especially if working out a lot.
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I went from a 42 H to a 40 D at present. . I was going through bra sizes so quickly in the beginning it was getting so expensive.There is still a good handful there but man are they deflated ;(
  • Pboman1
    Pboman1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am a 36 f and I don't mind it a bit. My husband loves them! I would not mind going down to a 34 around but don't really care If I loose a cup size or not. It is what it is and we don't get to pick what we have unless you have surgery. It would be nice to shop at VS but I have found really cute bras at Soma or Lane Bryant. All good bras are expensive. :bigsmile:
  • zipperfall
    zipperfall Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    well boobs are mostly fat unless u naturally have big boobs. guys like legs more so u should workout your legs. girls should have them thighs for the guys

Ummm my sadness about my boob loss has nothing to do with what guys like. I'm doing this for me. Thank you for your unsolicited advice.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't lost much. More the band size than cup size. I have lost 35 pounds..but it was mostly in my back and midsection.
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    While we're on the topic of losing cup sizes, if anyone finds a way to sew padded bras (or, even better, very padded bras) to make the cups smaller, feel free to message me directly :) I've found a few methods online but they're all for unpadded bras.
  • stormydestiny
    Options
    At 370 I was easily a B cup ...

At 225 I am probably still an A Cup

Man boobs!

If there was a 'Like' button on here, you sir would have mine. :) LOL!

And the award goes too......
  • emelia_
    emelia_ Posts: 91
    Options
    Started a 34C now I am a 32C. I didn't have much to lose but I lost a lot of body fat and gained muscle definition. It's really just luck of the draw on where your body depletes your fat reserves first, I think losing weight all around can make smaller breasts seem bigger though so don't get too down on yourself!
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    before you all throw your large bras out, do check out whether there are charities in your country where you can send your bras to and they send them to women in the 3rd world that can't afford bras at all.

I sent all my maternity bras to a charity here in Australia that send them on to the Solomon Islands and Fiji, but these charities do exist worldwide.
  • JaneLane33
    JaneLane33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'll be glad when mine go down in size. It wont be depressing at all. Even when I was at my thinnest I was still a D cup so I know mine wont disappear.