Favre Forever

Options
I don't know how many of you are Packers fans - but I'm a huge one and always will be. But I have to say - I'll also be a Jets Fan this year as Favre was just traded to NY!! What an unbelievable couple of weeks. A lot has been said, admittedly, on both sides, but I still stand by the 3 time MVP. He's one of the greats.

Replies

• veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many of you are Packers fans - but I'm a huge one and always will be. But I have to say - I'll also be a Jets Fan this year as Favre was just traded to NY!! What an unbelievable couple of weeks. A lot has been said, admittedly, on both sides, but I still stand by the 3 time MVP. He's one of the greats.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

BOOOOOO, Jets!!!

(Giants fan, here!) :D
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I dont' think that's official yet is it?? I just saw on the news (well I couple hours ago) that it's between the jets and the buccaneers!? I can't believe his playing again...and it has to be for someone else!! Just doesn't seem right
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!

Woo-- hooooooooo-- big Jets fan here-- raisin' a family of 'em-- we're all thrilled.

Green Bay's loss is our gain-- welcome Brett!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • she_red247
    Options
    :noway: I'm not a Packers Fan. I'm a Steelers fan which is really bad since I live in Washington. So people hate me. Sorry losers after the Superbowl where Seahawks lost to Steelers. I just feel bad for the starting Quarterback. I feel like Favre is stealing his thunder. Poor sap.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'ma Bears fan, born and raised that way. Though I've always LOVE Brett! It really stinks that he's goin to the Jets. Jets stink really bad poopie diapers! :angry: I'm so not in love with this idea. First my Thomas Jones, now my Brett Farve.... This really is goin to screw with my fantasy football actions this yr.
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just glad the drama is over!!!! :noway:

Now the sports channels can report something else!!:noway:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    What's ESPN to do now? The J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets aren't exactly in the hunt.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Quite an understatement-- they do, in fact, stink poopie diapers-- LOL-- or however it was so eloquently described earlier. I'm just glad he'll liven up our Sunday viewing a bit-- he's SO much cuter than Chad Pennington. :love:
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think Jets ratings are going to go sky-high though. Not because they're such an awesome team but because people (even non-Packer fans) just want to see the guy play!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Quite an understatement-- they do, in fact, stink poopie diapers-- LOL-- or however it was so eloquently described earlier. I'm just glad he'll liven up our Sunday viewing a bit-- he's SO much cuter than Chad Pennington. :love:

As a pats fan from way back when the Sullivan ownership drafted *gulp.... puke* Tony Eason Shiver...
    (note, that makes me NOT a bandwagon jumper, I cheered during their 2-14 seasons!), who's favorite players are still Steve Grogan and Andre Tippett, I can't complain about Favre coming to the Jets, should make our Int numbers (and my Fantasy football numbers) go up nicely. Go Brett!!! Keep chucking those off balanced hail Mary's! :tongue:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Thank gawd all the uneeded hoopla is over! I am NOT a Favre Fan, and have never been, and never will be. I do, however, give him his props for on the field performance, but his best days are clearly behind him. He no longer has the slippery form to duck and toss, he's stiff as a an old goat in the pocket now.
    So yippee skippee, he's traded to the Jets. I was hoping he would go to Detroit, LOL! That would serve him right! :tongue:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    GO JETS!!!

A true fan sticks with their team even when they stink (which the Jets have)

but yeah!!! we might be a better team this year
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Chad still has a lot of growing to do, and having Brett as a role model is better than having Vinnie.
    Thats what I think anyway. :smile:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just glad the drama is over!!!! :noway:

Now the sports channels can report something else!!:noway:

Try living by Green Bay! I live in Appleton, about 20 minutes from GB and besides the sports channels, our local news broadcasts, the papers, the radios, have all been completely focused on Brett Favre to the point that they pretty much stopped reporting anything else. A guy even wrote an Op-Ed to the paper saying he would never buy a Post Crescent paper again, since they did not report even one major national or international story that day, but the front page was completely devoted to Brett Favre.

Personally, I don't even care what happens to Favre anymore, as long as I don't have to hear about it in EVERY conversation/newscast/radio broadcast....
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Chad still has a lot of growing to do, and having Brett as a role model is better than having Vinnie.
    Thats what I think anyway. :smile:

Nevermind....I think Chad is on his way out the door.
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sorry, VIKINGS FAN, grew up having to hate Farve. Sure he's a good player but still can't like him.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    ps.... update! I just watched the 10 o'clock news and the first 15 minutes of th 30 minute news program was completely devoted to Brett Favre. Let me go puke now.
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    GO 'HAWKS! (Seahawks) - However.. my MIL is a HUGE Packers fan.. not sure what she'll do/think about Favre being with a different team!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    OMGosh!!!!
    As someone who has met Brett...LOVE HIM! OHHH YEAHHH...LOL.. But am so sick and tired of hearing about him... (Mike & Mike and ALL ESPN shows....get on with your lives!) Can we talk about a REAL stud (love ya Brett and NO not you Tom Brady..u moron) like PEYTON MANNING!:love::love: :love:

Can't wait to see you at the new Lucas Oil Field!

Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone in a fantasy league?

colts.gif

fatsis, crystal??? don't even worry about the Bears...LOL...don't waste your time. (giggle)