Finally the scale has moved!

Options
After three weeks of trying, the scale has finally budged! I lost 2lb finally. It may seem a small amount, but I'm chuffed and thought it would never happen.

Thanks to all the people that encouraged me to hang in there and for all the advice! At least now I know what my calorie intake should be.

And to those whose scale isn't moving, all those people you laughed at when they told you you need to eat more, listen to them! 1200 is an evil number! Screw 1200!!!

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Who moved it for you? I would tell them to stop touching your things...
  • soozy_q
    soozy_q Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I keep getting 3 week stalls in my weight loss. before MFP I would have just decided that it is just impossible for me to lose weight sensibly and would have dropped my calorie intake to something rediculously low or just given up all together. Now I just hang in there and then I will just all of a sudden lose a couple of lbs in a day. This happened to me just the other day.
  • jeyloz
    jeyloz Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm exactly the same, I wasn't seeing results so I cut my calories, which obviously didn't work. I'm finally learning to give my body time and not expect too much too fast.
  • Cynner2007
    Cynner2007 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done you! I feel the same way. Lost 10 quick lbs when joining..then nothing for weeks...I'm getting depressed but reading posts like yours helps me keep things in perspective..
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm just building muscle for now, especially in my legs, and upper arms. My bingo wings, are going, slowly but surely. Have lost 2ins all around, but no weightloss, as yet to speak of. This, I expect will happen, when I've toned up, significantly. Converting all this fat into muscle, again, is easier said than done. I'd strongly advice to anyone, to take down measurement. The scales, don't always move, but your measurements will. Congratulations, and good luck!
  • jeyloz
    Options
    Well done you! I feel the same way. Lost 10 quick lbs when joining..then nothing for weeks...I'm getting depressed but reading posts like yours helps me keep things in perspective..

It can be really depressing, but I guess you have to look at it from the perspective of the long term journey. Every little lb is a huge achievement. It's amazing that you're doing something about it, don't ever give up!
  • jeyloz
    Options
    I'm just building muscle for now, especially in my legs, and upper arms. My bingo wings, are going, slowly but surely. Have lost 2ins all around, but no weightloss, as yet to speak of. This, I expect will happen, when I've toned up, significantly. Converting all this fat into muscle, again, is easier said than done. I'd strongly advice to anyone, to take down measurement. The scales, don't always move, but your measurements will. Congratulations, and good luck!

Thanks, a lot of people have said to take measurements, I think it's something I'll start doing, how often do you measure?
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Measure less often, I measure once a month. :)