BMI in the normal category!

Options
NightOwl1
NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
I had my weekly weight in today and it came in at 178.8 pounds. For a 5' 11' guy like myself, that puts my BMI at 24.9, which is officially in the normal range! I know it's just in the normal range by a hair, but it feels like I've made a serious step forward.

I'm down 7.2 pounds now, with another 14 to go. That will put my BMI at 23, which is a number I'll be very happy with.

I just wanted to share this bit of good news with everyone. I wouldn't be where I am now without MFP and this community!

Replies

• Stinger97
    Options
    Good for you, man! That's a major accomplishment.
  • RDTaylor13
    Options
    way to go. it's always nice to toot your own horn about accomplisments such as that.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    WTG! I'm .6 points away from "normal" and I CANT wait to get there...I never thought I'd have a normal bmi but its so close! Great work, keep it up!
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    YAY thats awesome! Good on you! How exciting
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    Awe yayyyyyyyy
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yayy! Good for you! Congratulations. :) I made a big step forward, too, and i also wouldn't have done it without MFP and everybody on here! Thanks y'all! :)
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Good luck with the next 14lbs!
    I can't wait till' I can post that i'm in the normal/healthy category again [only 4lbs to gooooooo:happy: ]
  • heatypablo
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the great work.
  • Lulu2929
    Options
    Congratulations. Great job. i'm almost at the overweight rather than obese and when I hit overweight I'll be exceedingly happy Once i hit normal I'll be doing cartwheels of happiness.
  • Nixb19
    Nixb19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's always good to see and feel results like that!
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The max weight for my healthy range is 205, I dont think that suits my body type but I am looking forward to 1 day just being overweight. Congrats!
  • allegoriedesoie
    Options
    Congratulations! I hit my "healthy" BMI yesterday :D

However, I'd like to bring it down a couple more numbers LOL
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of support!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yes! Great job! That's what we all strive for. You are doing so well!
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I know how you feel.. Im still OVERWEIGHT by like one pound.. grrrr. .. 7 pounds thats MAJOR!! YAY!
  • TealStar13
    Options
    Congrats!! :) That's awesome to hear. Keep up the great work. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!